Sponsored

Are our doors “manual”?

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I have a '23 Lariat, but don't have a toggle to turn on Walkaway lock. It's in the manual, but I'm finding no option in settings. Did Ford put it in the 22's and then take it out for 23's? I LOVED that on my GM cars (and hubby' s Lyriq).
Coming in a software update.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
“Soon!”
Well the update has been applied in some vehicles. Those that have that update had to apply a setting change in Forscan (APIM I believe) to be able to toggle it on/off. Without it I believe it defaults to on (for those people) until SYNC is updated from Ford.

Whitewater64

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY 23 F150 Lightning Lariat ER Max Tow Star White
Occupation
Singer/Conductor
Well the update has been applied in some vehicles. Those that have that update had to apply a setting change in Forscan (APIM I believe) to be able to toggle it on/off. Without it I believe it defaults to on (for those people) until SYNC is updated from Ford.
Thanks for the insight Benny. I would be happy waiting (with auto lock on) for the update that allows me to toggle it off. 😬

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
I have a '23 Lariat, but don't have a toggle to turn on Walkaway lock. It's in the manual, but I'm finding no option in settings. Did Ford put it in the 22's and then take it out for 23's? I LOVED that on my GM cars (and hubby' s Lyriq).
Yes, my walk away switch is gone also, what I really miss is the global windows control from the PAAK. I lost that early on though. The wonder's of OTA updates, like I wonder who decides what is added or taken away without our input.

Ford F-150 Lightning Are our doors “manual”? IMG_0610

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Yes, my walk away switch is gone also, what I really miss is the global windows control from the PAAK. I lost that early on though. The wonder's of OTA updates, like I wonder who decides what is added or taken away without our input.

IMG_0610.png
There was never Global windows on a Lightning. The back window switches/motors (not sure which) don't have the capability.

Are you saying you had turned this on for the front windows and then it went away? That is possible I guess, but it was never a factory thing like some Ford vehicles have been.

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
There was never Global windows on a Lightning. The back window switches/motors (not sure which) don't have the capability.

Are you saying you had turned this on for the front windows and then it went away? That is possible I guess, but it was never a factory thing like some Ford vehicles have been.
Yes, I had global windows down from the PAAK.