Sponsored

Automatic speed adjustment for Speed Limit Sign

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
I found a new (to me) setting that changes my speed when the truck sees a speed sign. Set it to 5 mph over the speed limit sign and it does just that. I wish it was a percentage since 30 in a 25 is much different than 70 in a 65 zone. Also annoying and requires gas pedal or cruise control (+/-) override when the speed limit on a major road (N.C.) drops from 50 to 30 and then back to 50 within a couple thousand feet and traffic does not change speed. But great for avoiding missed speed limit signs.

Still have to watch it around schools. I am not sure if it does nor does not cognize school speed limit signs and correlates with time of day. Seemed a bit uneven with those when I came across some. The computer is still training me.
Sponsored

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
I wash going down the interstate once and looked down and the dash said the speed limit was 25. I'm glad I didn't have that setting on.

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
A lot of people who have had the truck for while have turned this feature off. Most have found that it will pick up odd signs along the road that it mistakes for speed limit signs and will change speed drastically. It doesn't appear to reference the road information so if it see's a route sign for 85 it will assume that's the new speed limit and accelerate to that speed. Worse it will slow down very quickly if it mistakes a sign on the highway. Ended up being more of a hassle than it was worth personally.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'm in the switched OFF camp, after a few exhilarating decelerations on I-495

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I also turned it off. It reads the signs on the service roads while you’re on a freeway. It also uses a database that has errors. There’s a street in my city with a 30 MPH speed limit and the truck thinks it’s 70!

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Still have to watch it around schools. I am not sure if it does nor does not cognize school speed limit signs and correlates with time of day.
Should we be using any form of speed assist automation or cruise control in a school zone? ;)
Sponsored