First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER, Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Engineer
Yesterday I went to back out of a parking space and my backup screen was alternating from a picture of behind the truck and a warning screen to check surrounding area, beeping and no 360 view. I could not select any other views. I could still back up and thought it might fix itself. Still was doing the same thing this morning. Tonight I shifted into reverse to park and there was a blue screen of death and no warnings or beeping.

Seems like it is the backup camera on the tailgate. The camera above the bed works while driving and my front camera works. I get some weird images from the surround view with the bed camera on.

Couldn't find another post on this and am wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Ideas?
Ford F-150 Lightning Backup Camera Fail 1000005128
Ford F-150 Lightning Backup Camera Fail 1000005129
Sponsored

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
That's what happens when you enter warp drive. Try slowing down.🤣

Does everything else on your tailgate work? You could try reseating the tailgate power connector behind the bumper. It might just be broken though.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Yesterday I went to back out of a parking space and my backup screen was alternating from a picture of behind the truck and a warning screen to check surrounding area, beeping and no 360 view. I could not select any other views. I could still back up and thought it might fix itself. Still was doing the same thing this morning. Tonight I shifted into reverse to park and there was a blue screen of death and no warnings or beeping.

Seems like it is the backup camera on the tailgate. The camera above the bed works while driving and my front camera works. I get some weird images from the surround view with the bed camera on.

Couldn't find another post on this and am wondering if anyone else has experienced it. Ideas?
1000005128.jpg
1000005129.jpg
Hi there! Will you please send us a message with your VIN and your local Ford dealer? We’d like to investigate this camera concern on our end. Thanks!

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Dealer to investigate programming, calibration and bad connections

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
I have not seen that but I do have the OS freeze on start fairly regularly so the cameras don't work at all until reboot or wait for it to reboot itself. Either way, no bkup camera when this happens. I saw there was a recall for MME maybe for this reason?

Robob

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24’ Flash
Occupation
Auto Parts & Paint/Body Supplies
I would take a 10mm wrench and unhook the 12v battery under the hood for a few min and hook it back up first. See if a hard reset fixes the cameras first before doing a re-calibration
Sponsored