Nikkit

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Platinum
Hi there,

I am trying to register my Ford F150 Lightning but the tax office want to see the VIN number stamped on the chassis (the windscreen VIN is not accepted and neither is the door jam sticker).

Many thanks,

NikKi
Sponsored

Last edited:

John Becker

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Light'g Lariat SR, '18 Audi S5 Cabriolet
Hi there,

I am trying to register my Ford F150 Lightning but the tax office want to see the VIN number stamped on the chassis (the windscreen VION is not accepted).

Many thanks,

NikKi
Check the door panel where you would find tire pressure requirements. I think it's on the same label.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
The dash plate and door jamb sticker are the only places where the unique VIN are placed according to the service manual.

Ford F-150 Lightning Can't find VIN number on F150 Lightning 1718892129594-44

Ford F-150 Lightning Can't find VIN number on F150 Lightning 1718892148378-oe

Ford F-150 Lightning Can't find VIN number on F150 Lightning 1718892090686-gl

OP
OP

Nikkit

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Platinum
Thanks for the rapid replies there, Unfortunately the Irish tax office will not accept the VIN number on the windscreen or the door jam sticker. I'm pulling my hair out trying to find it.

OP
OP

Nikkit

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Platinum
Check the door panel where you would find tire pressure requirements. I think it's on the same label.
Thanks for the rapid replies there, Unfortunately the Irish tax office will not accept the VIN number on the windscreen or the door jam sticker. I'm pulling my hair out trying to find it.

Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
That is the vehicle's VIN. There is no other VIN.

OP
OP

Nikkit

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Platinum
Thanks John, but they will not accept the door jam sticker or the one under the windshield.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Thanks John, but they will not accept the door jam sticker or the one under the windshield.
That's on them. Each vehicle has 1 unique VIN. If they won't accept it, there is no magical 2nd VIN. Sorry.

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
That is a predicament. I don't have any advice but I'm interested in your story. Are Lightnings not sold in Ireland?

OP
OP

Nikkit

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Platinum
That is a predicament. I don't have any advice but I'm interested in your story. Are Lightnings not sold in Ireland?
Hi Henry, It would seem that I'm the only one with a Lightning, there are several F150 V8's knocking around though.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Visit a Ford dealer and ask them where ID plates are affixed for more common imports.

Homologation is the granting of approval by an official authority. This may be a court of law, a government department, or an academic or professional body, any of which would normally work from a set of rules or standards to determine whether such approval should be given.

CyclopsThere

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT
I think SOME vehicles have a stamped VIN on the frame somewhere (usually in the engine bay) just in case of tampering of the more visible VINS.

ON searching for f150 stamping locations it sounds like it's some sort of secret.

Yellow Buddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150L Pro, Rivian R1T, Model S, Model X
Occupation
Smart Ass
Hi there,

I am trying to register my Ford F150 Lightning but the tax office want to see the VIN number stamped on the chassis (the windscreen VIN is not accepted and neither is the door jam sticker).

Many thanks,

NikKi
Check the top of the frame on the right side (from driver's seat perspective) between the front axle and the rear of the front door (middle of the cab)

OP
OP

Nikkit

First Name
Nikki
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F 150 Lightning Platinum
Check the top of the frame on the right side (from driver's seat perspective) between the front axle and the rear of the front door (middle of the cab)
Hi Yellow Buddy, so underneath the truck?
Sponsored