• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Can't turn off camera view until coming to complete stop

JerkyChew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2020 GT350R, 2018 Model 3
2022 Lariat XLT ER. If I'm driving and I click the camera icon to check on my bed contents, trailer etc, there's no way to close the view. It takes over my entire screen above the HVAC controls. Only after coming to a complete stop does the x appear in the upper right corner, allowing me to close the view. Super frustrating when trying to use nav and keep an eye on my cargo. This behavior started after an update a few months ago - Previously the x was always in the upper right corner.

Anybody else seeing this? Is this a bug or a feature?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
2022 Lariat XLT ER. If I'm driving and I click the camera icon to check on my bed contents, trailer etc, there's no way to close the view. It takes over my entire screen above the HVAC controls. Only after coming to a complete stop does the x appear in the upper right corner, allowing me to close the view. Super frustrating when trying to use nav and keep an eye on my cargo. This behavior started after an update a few months ago - Previously the x was always in the upper right corner.

Hello, I would be happy to see if I can assist you with your camera concerns. Could you please send us a message with your VIN and mileage?

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Same issue here. I don't use the cameras often so I don't know when it started. It is certainly *very* annoying.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Yup as @TaxmanHog quoted, known bug/feature. Selecting the rear view brings up the x or you can push the |p| button if equipped.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Same issue here. I don't use the cameras often so I don't know when it started. It is certainly *very* annoying.
Good afternoon, I would like to take a further look into your camera concerns on my end. Could you please send us a message with your VIN and mileage?

Golieguy64

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
This came with one of the recent releases. I had no issues when I got the truck in April, but noticed this starting to happen 2-4 weeks ago. It’s super frustrating! I’ll try the trick of flipping to a diff camera to get the x to trigger.

Refactoringdr

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 2023 Lightning Platinum (ER)
It is fixed in the latest APIM update...if they ever push that out OTA.

Sneakypetie78

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 limited
Occupation
General Contractor
Yes....only one view has the "x" to close the view. I had this just this week and I was going nuts until I found it

Sponsored

Nolander

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat Extended
Occupation
IT
Same issue here, recent change from latest update.

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
Yes....only one view has the "x" to close the view. I had this just this week and I was going nuts until I found it
After this thread I checked and found the same thing. I believe only the trailer hitch view had the 'X' to close the camera view.

sandwichpiccolo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fiesta

That sounds super annoying, especially when you’re trying to keep an eye on your cargo and use the nav. It definitely sounds like a bug that came with the update. The 'X' should always be there to close the view without stopping.

You’re not alone – I've seen a few others mention this too. Hopefully, the next update fixes it. Might be worth reaching out to the dealership or support to let them know about the issue.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
support to let them know about the issue.
Use the in truck feedback app to send a voice report, the more we report, the higher the possibility this fix is built.