Carplay audio not initializing

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
In the last couple of weeks I've consistently run into this issue where the audio for Carplay never initializes and I don't get any sound (but carplay is otherwise working normally). If I switch to another input, like radio, there is audio output so it's not the audio for the entire SYNC system, just seems to be a Carplay issue. I would say this is happening 10% of the time, or so. I don't think it had ever happened to me prior to a few weeks ago. I seem to be able to resolve it by restarting the vehicle or switching to my phone to bluetooth in the Phone List then back to Carplay. I'm usually on the road by the time I notice it's not playing any audio so restarting is usually not in the cards.

Any one else running into this issue?

I have a iphone 15 plus, about 3 months old.
Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
I have experienced this 2 or 3 times in the last few weeks. I just reboot the sync system and it comes back. There have been so many truck updates and a few small bugs introduced, I figure another update or two and they'll fix the bug.

Last edited:

Octane

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Me too. Select radio, then back to CarPlay. Boda-boom, boda-bing…. Works again.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: GDN

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Me too. Not the enchanted thing… just the audio glitch described by LightingShow. Select radio, then back to CarPlay. Boda-boom, boda-bing…. Works again.
Thanks - I fixed that word. I still love spell check.

Seems both of you can fix it by selecting another audio source and then back to CarPlay so I'll try that next time.

OP
OP
LightningShow

LightningShow

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Product Development
I don’t believe i got mine back when i switched to the radio, i had to connect the phone via Bluetooth so it would lose the carplay connection. I assume that shuts down the carplay app. Then i reconnected carplay and it worked.

Sponsored

jallen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 F150 XLT / 2023 Ford Lightning Pro
This has recently happened to me as well. Never happened before the last couple of weeks. Must be an update glitch…I’ve received many in the past few weeks.

LightningMcqueen

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150, 2021 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Engineer
This has been happening to me as well. Use to be perfect, now it is like every other connection audio is stuck. Require a disconnect on CarPlay and a reconnect.

Hope this gets resolved soon.

SmoothJ

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HEV
It has happened to me as well after the 6.3 or 6.4 update. I just disconnect and reconnect CarPlay or I reboot the APIM.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
Had the failure again today. I tried changing to another audio source and back again as had been noted worked for some, but it didn’t help. I just rebooted.
Sponsored