• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Charging not following schedule

ktom

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightening, model Y
Occupation
Self employed
I have the charging scheduled to match the time the solar panels are generating.
The electric provider only give 60 % credit for the energy I generate so I try to use a much as a can charging.

I have found that if I plug in the previous day after my charge window, which ends at 6, the next day the charging will NOT start at the scheduled time.

If I plug in before the charge window, which starts at 11, the charging will start at the scheduled time.

Imagine plugging in the previous night, and coming out at the end of the day and find that no charge has been added! If I need to travel any significant distance, I am in trouble as there are very few CCS chargers near my home. Let alone those that actually function.

Has anyone else seen this behavior?

I have called the ford pass people many times about this over the past 6 months. Nothing ever changes.

Short of running, the charging HAS to be reliable and it is not.
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Have you had any OTA updates recently?
If so, the charging scheme may be corrupted, delete it and rebuild the scheme.
If not, I'd still delete & recreate the scheme.

Johnif

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY x2, Lightning XLT ER 2023
Also check if you have selected "Departure Times"

Webbo85

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2002 Jeep Wrangler
Occupation
Mech Engineer
I've always found adding the charging schedule in the truck as opposed to by the app on phone is more reliable. At least in the past it seemed that way.

Sponsored
OP
OP

ktom

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 lightening, model Y
Occupation
Self employed
I've always found adding the charging schedule in the truck as opposed to by the app on phone is more reliable. At least in the past it seemed that way.
They have removed the option to set the schedule in the truck. It is only available, to me, via the app.

Yes, prior to some update, it was available in the truck. I checked before I posted to see if it was still there. It wasn't.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
They have removed the option to set the schedule in the truck. It is only available, to me, via the app.

Yes, prior to some update, it was available in the truck. I checked before I posted to see if it was still there. It wasn't.
Originally, “Charging” was accessed in the “Settings” menu. It now has its own app on the “Home” screen.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

There is an update going out now that restores that functionality, hopefully you get it soon.
Sponsored