• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Complimentary / Free Tesla Adapter -- When Did You Buy Your Truck and Place Your Order?

TomZ

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Professional Schmo
Please forgive me if this topic is a repeat. I did a search and could not find the answer I was looking for.

I got my Lightning Lariat in March 2023, and reserved my complementary Tesla Fast Charging adapter in March 2024 - which was pretty shortly after they first became available. Every month since then, my estimated ship date goes to the next month. Right now it's showing September 2024, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

I called the 1800 number and was told that the last five (or six) digits in my order number is my place in the queue - so I'm a little past 49000th place in line. The guy I spoke to said he believes the last orders filled last month were somewhere around 17000. Looks like it's going to be a while.

Anyway, my question: For those of you who have received your complementary Tesla Fast Charging Adapter, when did you buy your truck, and when did you place your order? I trust what the guy said, but I kinda want to verify it too.
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
When you bought has zero to do with the delivery date. How long after the order banks opened on ( Edited: Feb 29th) is the key. First come first shipped.

(Thanks to @RickLightning for pointing out that error.)

Last edited:

SFsparkie

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Retired
I ordered 4/2/24. I am a little past 86400, order said expected September 2024. I was never a believer. The A2Z got me from CA to NY & back.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
When you bought has zero to do with the delivery date. How long after the order banks opened on April 29th is the key. First come first shipped.
Feb 29th.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Please forgive me if this topic is a repeat. I did a search and could not find the answer I was looking for.

I got my Lightning Lariat in March 2023, and reserved my complementary Tesla Fast Charging adapter in March 2024 - which was pretty shortly after they first became available. Every month since then, my estimated ship date goes to the next month. Right now it's showing September 2024, but I seriously doubt that's going to happen.

I called the 1800 number and was told that the last five (or six) digits in my order number is my place in the queue - so I'm a little past 49000th place in line. The guy I spoke to said he believes the last orders filled last month were somewhere around 17000. Looks like it's going to be a while.

Anyway, my question: For those of you who have received your complementary Tesla Fast Charging Adapter, when did you buy your truck, and when did you place your order? I trust what the guy said, but I kinda want to verify it too.
They have shipped under 7,000. Early June was last shipment, rest of June shipments, July, and August moved to September.

Near impossible that September will ship over 40,000 orders...

Many have bought the A2Z adapters. Typhoon Pro for SuperChargers, $193.50 with code FORDFORUM. Use the dropdown menu to also get the Stellar adapter for Tesla Destination chargers, only $67.50 more. Combined 20% off.

https://a2zevshop.com/products/nacs-ccs1?ref=Typhoon&variant=43186507579592

I have both and have used both many times.

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
Everybody that has received the Ford/Tesla adapter ordered it within 4 hours after the announcement. Those who ordered in 4,140 hours since then are still waiting.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I ordered the adapter the on 2/29, morning they opened up the ordering process. I was number 5000. I just got mine last month.

i was at a Tesla supercharger location yesterday charging my Tesla. A Rivian pulled up. I got out and talked to him. He got his adapter last week and the EA location he usually charges at were all off line.

I explained to him that the Tesla location he was at was a V1 site and wouldn’t charge anything other than a Tesla. I told him where the nearest Super Charger site that could charge a non-Tesla was.

shutterbug

First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MME GB FE—Dead. F150L Lariat SR. MME Rally ordered
I don't think that's true. Both of my orders are numbered 10XXX, and the adapters aren't anywhere near in sight.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I ordered the adapter the on 2/29, morning they opened up the ordering process. I was number 5000. I just got mine last month.

i was at a Tesla supercharger location yesterday charging my Tesla. A Rivian pulled up. I got out and talked to him. He got his adapter last week and the EA location he usually charges at were all off line.

I explained to him that the Tesla location he was at was a V1 site and wouldn’t charge anything other than a Tesla. I told him where the nearest Super Charger site that could charge a non-Tesla was.
I think you got it in June.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
The guy I spoke to said he believes the last orders filled last month were somewhere around 17000.
Definitely not true. Nothing was filled last month and my order is in the low 8000's with nothing to show for it yet. I bought the A2Z, glad I did. Used it 3 times so far and I love it. I had originally thought I'd sell it once I get the Ford adaptor, but now I think I'll keep it as a back up/spare.

BhamDCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro ER
My order # is 6735 and I still haven’t received mine. Good news is I haven’t needed it yet. My next planned road trip will be for Thanksgiving. Hopefully I get it before then as having will make a big difference.

flyct

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-450 & F-250 Lightning & Tesla Model Y
Occupation
Blissfully Retired
I think you got it in June.
I just checked and you are correct. I ordered mine 2/29/24 and I received mine on 6/17/24

Order Number: FAE:90005143 is on its way. SCHEDULED DELIVERY DATE Monday 6/17/24 before 8:00 PM Estimated between 9:20 AM - 1:20 PM Order Details: Order ID: FAE:90005143 Shipped Date: 2024-6-13

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
ordered on May 29 (day of annoucement) . order # 1538 received around June 8-9
Sponsored