• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Confused about CSP 24B56 - front sensor error

jamminhammin

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat
I got my Lightning in October 2023. It was my second EV (first was a 2019 iPace). The Lightning has been great except for the problem I had with the front sensor often throwing the front sensor not available error - usually when slowing down. The problem would happen to me almost every time I drove the truck. I took it to the dealer earlier this year and they dismissed the problem since they "couldn't reproduce the problem". I received the CSP 24B56 letter last week and was thrilled to read that it should address my problem. However, I am very confused about this because of the following:
1) I have not yet called my dealer to handle this CSP because my problem seemed to go away last week right after the truck performed a couple of OTA updates. I was under the impression that an OTA update would not address this problem and the truck would have to go to the dealer, but I have NOT noticed the problem ever since the last OTA update that occurred sometime last week... Is it possible that my problem did get fixed in my last OTA? Is there any way I can get more info on what OTA's just got applied and what they fixed? Do you think I should have the CSP done or should I just wait and see if my problem comes back??
2) One of the other posters (@cranesrule ) said they had this CSP fix done back in June and it took care of their problem. How could that CSP be known and fix the problem in June if it just got sent out last week (September)?
3) If this CSP was previously known, why did they wait until just now to send it out and why did my dealer have no clue how to fix the problem earlier this year when I took it in?
4) Why was my dealer so completely unhelpful? Couldn't they see the front sensor error the logs? Or is it possible the error was not logging? I am always very suspicious of the dealership and wonder if they are properly trained.
5) I am an IT person by trade, but I don't know anything about how software works in a vehicle. How can I get more visibility into what is installed, what is pending, what versions, etc? Can I see what version my PSCM and IPMA are since those are the ones that this CSP discusses? I have seen others post screenshots from what appears to be an API app or some other programs. Are there other apps that give me more visiblity?
Sponsored

cranesrule

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
I got my Lightning in October 2023. It was my second EV (first was a 2019 iPace). The Lightning has been great except for the problem I had with the front sensor often throwing the front sensor not available error - usually when slowing down. The problem would happen to me almost every time I drove the truck. I took it to the dealer earlier this year and they dismissed the problem since they "couldn't reproduce the problem". I received the CSP 24B56 letter last week and was thrilled to read that it should address my problem. However, I am very confused about this because of the following:
1) I have not yet called my dealer to handle this CSP because my problem seemed to go away last week right after the truck performed a couple of OTA updates. I was under the impression that an OTA update would not address this problem and the truck would have to go to the dealer, but I have NOT noticed the problem ever since the last OTA update that occurred sometime last week... Is it possible that my problem did get fixed in my last OTA? Is there any way I can get more info on what OTA's just got applied and what they fixed? Do you think I should have the CSP done or should I just wait and see if my problem comes back??
2) One of the other posters (@cranesrule ) said they had this CSP fix done back in June and it took care of their problem. How could that CSP be known and fix the problem in June if it just got sent out last week (September)?
3) If this CSP was previously known, why did they wait until just now to send it out and why did my dealer have no clue how to fix the problem earlier this year when I took it in?
4) Why was my dealer so completely unhelpful? Couldn't they see the front sensor error the logs? Or is it possible the error was not logging? I am always very suspicious of the dealership and wonder if they are properly trained.
5) I am an IT person by trade, but I don't know anything about how software works in a vehicle. How can I get more visibility into what is installed, what is pending, what versions, etc? Can I see what version my PSCM and IPMA are since those are the ones that this CSP discusses? I have seen others post screenshots from what appears to be an API app or some other programs. Are there other apps that give me more visiblity?
Back then it was SSM 52161

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I took it to the dealer earlier this year and they dismissed the problem since they "couldn't reproduce the problem". I received the CSP 24B56 letter last week and was thrilled to read that it should address my problem. However, I am very confused about this because of the following:
See Mike G.'s original post in this thread: https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...certain-2022-24-f-150-lightning-trucks.21145/, particular the attached dealer bulletin that defines the vehicles elgible to receive the IPMA update as all vehicles in the listed build date range.

That point is emphasized in the following two posts in that thread:

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...2-24-f-150-lightning-trucks.21145/post-421052

https://www.f150lightningforum.com/...2-24-f-150-lightning-trucks.21145/post-421507
Sponsored