Connected Services start date for mannequins

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
HI guys, I'm working on getting everything set up for my lightning and after getting connected with the FordPass app (and promptly failing to install the software update) I noticed that the start date was back in June 2022. I tried doing a little research here and saw a thread that said warranty start date is the date of sale or put into service as a mannequin. Also that we should have 42mo/42k mile bumper to bumper, I've emailed my dealer that Ford website shows 36 right now. What I couldn't find is any info on the start date for things like navigation and hands free Blue Cruise. Did I lose out on 8 months of this from buying a mannequin or should the dealer/Ford update it to reflect the sales date?
Sponsored

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
Based on the research I did with the mannequin I bought last week (June ā€˜22 in service), we lose the warranty time. Check out Granger Ford and the EV Extended warranty - got 6yr/75k for <$1000. Hopefully that will cover anything that happens when the original warranty ends (early).

https://grangerfordextendedwarranty.com/

Ford F-150 Lightning Connected Services start date for mannequins 9582883B-3BC1-413F-A8A1-AD4245199FB6

BeefLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT SR
Same happened to me with my truck. Actually Iā€™m still waiting on the sale to register too. Havenā€™t seen points or my ford warranty on my acount either cause the recall from the wiper motor has to take place first they claim.

Warranty date will always be when the mannequin was first activated though, according to them, so they added another year of ford bumper-to-bumper on for free to cover the difference and then some because they werenā€™t aware of this. Definitely worth asking.

I figure after the recall sorts out then Iā€™ll go after the rest again to see if any of that is actually true on fordā€™s side, but at least the dealer made it right

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I had planned on getting an extended warranty, likely from Granger. I'm more curious about the loss of time for the activated services. I'm still happy about saving money and getting all the 2022 features. But it would have been nice to know upfront that I won't actually get 3 years of hands free driving before I'd have to pay. I haven't used it yet, but I'm wagering I won't be willing to pay for it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER
You lose the activated services. They all started when the dealer put it into service. You do get an extra bit added onto the warranty to make it 42 months, 42,000 miles. I believe it may have cost an extra $100 but my dealer threw it in after I kept nagging him about it since he didn't know about it. It doesn't show up under the general warranty information. It is under the Ford Protect in the warranty section of the app.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
You lose the activated services. They all started when the dealer put it into service. You do get an extra bit added onto the warranty to make it 42 months, 42,000 miles. I believe it may have cost an extra $100 but my dealer threw it in after I kept nagging him about it since he didn't know about it. It doesn't show up under the general warranty information. It is under the Ford Protect in the warranty section of the app.
Sweet, that helps. It's odd that they can't actually activate the services until it's sold, yet they still put the start date back at the warranty date. I might call Ford Customer service and complain a little, without the expectation of anything being done. We'll see how bored I am this weekend. :)

Big bummer, but I'll live.

FatmanOSU

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT Lightning, 2022 Bronco Sport
Occupation
Sales
No, 42 month or 42,000 miles on mine. I do show the warranty in the app. No reward points yet either. My siriusXm still says demo.

Bobcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER
A little bit of a diversion from the topic, but have any fellow mannequin owners received or heard anything about receiving the charge station pro?

Henry Ford

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Platinum
A little bit of a diversion from the topic, but have any fellow mannequin owners received or heard anything about receiving the charge station pro?
It's a nightmare. Search the forum. There's plenty written about it.

OP
OP

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That's next on my to-do list. Waiting on city permit so the electrician can come put in my 240v outlet. I'll probably test out the local DCFC this weekend to top up.

I've left 2 text messages and 1 email so far and no reply from dealer on bumping the bumper to bumper. Think I need to edit my review for them.

Sponsored

Dgut

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat SR
Occupation
Finance
Is the 42 month 42k miles a global thing for mannequins or is it dealer specific. Does anyone know where I can find more specific info on it?

Let us know if you make any progress on Ford about the connected services start date.

Jhalkias

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mustang Mach E, 2019 Fusion Energi, 2016 Escape
I was able to get the CSP for my demo purchased in December 2022. I had to call SunRun, the dealer had to send them proof of sale, and then I got it.

As to the warranty, my truck had 4,500 miles on it when I got it, and they gave me the 42,000 mile warranty to make up for it.
Sponsored