First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd
It appears that connectivity in my '24 Lariat is dead. I can't connect to the vehicle through FordPass and in the vehicle I can get no connectivity, so Connected Nav, Streaming, Alexa, BlueCruise, etc are all down. If I try to connect to WiFi, it simply shows no networks in the list.

I have gone through the following steps to try to get it reset:

1) Cycled the "Connected Vehicle Features" in the menus.
2) Soft-reboot of Sync through holding Volume Down + Skip on the steering wheel
3) Hard-reboot of Sync through holding Volume Down + Skip on the steering wheel for 10 seconds, opening door, pressing lock, and closing door to get the double-honk / flash.

Nothing seems to get the connectivity working again. Any other ideas out there?
Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
It appears that connectivity in my '24 Lariat is dead. I can't connect to the vehicle through FordPass and in the vehicle I can get no connectivity, so Connected Nav, Streaming, Alexa, BlueCruise, etc are all down. If I try to connect to WiFi, it simply shows no networks in the list.

I have gone through the following steps to try to get it reset:

1) Cycled the "Connected Vehicle Features" in the menus.
2) Soft-reboot of Sync through holding Volume Down + Skip on the steering wheel
3) Hard-reboot of Sync through holding Volume Down + Skip on the steering wheel for 10 seconds, opening door, pressing lock, and closing door to get the double-honk / flash.

Nothing seems to get the connectivity working again. Any other ideas out there?
Hi there! If you send over a DM with your VIN and Ford dealer info, I can look into your concerns on my end.

OP
OP

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
Pull the 12 volt battery negative cable for a few mins
Ok, the battery reset seems to have restored service. The frustrating thing is why did is lock up and I'm not going to be very keen on doing that maneuver if it locks up again.

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
The telematics have on rare occasion locked up, a 12v pull has been a solution, hopefully you won't need a repeat.

OP
OP

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technonerd
The telematics have on rare occasion locked up, a 12v pull has been a solution, hopefully you won't need a repeat.
Yeah, I get it, but I have some PTSD from my 2015 Leaf that had a telematics lockup issue that was a bit more dramatic. It's particular lockup would prevent the modem from hanging up and it would continue to draw power leading to a completely flat battery in 5-6 hours. It had a battery even smaller than the Lightning. This resulted in a 9 month drama where on any random morning to go to work or afternoon to go home from work, I'd find the car completely immobilized.

The dealership kept beating around the bush claiming I must be doing something because as soon as it was jumped, the modem worked just fine and they could never reproduce the issue. They claimed I must be doing something to cause the battery to go dead. Online forums were reporting this issue and there was a firmware patch to address it, but the dealership said that the patch wouldn't come up for my VIN, so I must have a different part. I pushed and pushed, but they wouldn't even look at the part to see if it was the same.

My warranty included roadside assistance, so I forced them to start towing it to the dealership and they'd have to look at it and do diagnostics. This made them less than happy, but after the 5th time I told them to figure it out or I'd be calling a Lemon Law attorney. That finally got them off the dime to get to a higher level engineer at Nissan. The engineer confirmed that the patch did apply after he forced them to inspect the physical module. Once the patch was applied, it was fixed.

Nissan also paid to replace the two batteries it had killed over that time. (When I say it flattened the battery, it FLATTENED the battery)

In the end, it got fixed, but it was 9 months of not knowing if my car would work at any given moment and that really sucked.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
That hasn't been an issue with Ford's, though we seen a brief spat TCU issues on early 2023 Lightnings, that problem was resolved with Manual & OTA updates and an extremely rare change of the modem. Hopefully the 2024's are better off.
Sponsored