• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Covered GM Ultium DCFC @ Pilot Flying J

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
This was the best DCFC charging experience I’ve had with 20,000mi on my Lariat SR. Especially with a 105F heat index! I really hope high volume travel centers start doing this everywhere and stop putting us in remotely located and uncovered parking lots. It doesn’t make any sense investment-wise to have DCFC’s out in the elements.

Pilot Flying J | Ardmore, OK
Ford F-150 Lightning Covered GM Ultium DCFC @ Pilot Flying J IMG_3052
Sponsored

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Charged at one of these in Winslow AZ on recent road trip. Was REALLY nice not feeling like a 2nd class citizen being forced to charge behind a hotel while looking a dumpster or getting panhandled in WalMart parking lots. They even had trash cans and a squeegee!!

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
There's one in work at Lordsburg, NM that I'm praying goes online very soon.

kss1dvr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
This was the best DCFC charging experience I’ve had with 20,000mi on my Lariat SR. Especially with a 105F heat index! I really hope high volume travel centers start doing this everywhere and stop putting us in remotely located and uncovered parking lots. It doesn’t make any sense investment-wise to have DCFC’s out in the elements.

IMG_3052.jpeg
Thanks for posting this, I'm headed back to Dallas next week.
Charged at the Walmart EA a couple of miles east 2 weeks ago that was OK at best.
Finished out my 250 kWh, at least.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Just to clarify, there are numerous Pilot / Flying EV charging locations that are not covered.

As of late March, they showed 35 stations on their website. On their way to 200 by end of year.

Out of 35 stations shown:

7 are pull through and covered
5 with no pull through are covered
18 are no pull through and not covered. One of these is 50kW only.
5 aren't open.

OP
OP

artificial_airspeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning | Lariat SR
Yeah Texas hasn’t exactly been on the EV bandwagon but there are infrastructure plans in work. Hopefully many covered and pull through options given EV adoption may grow in rural farm communities. These trucks are perfect for working your land if all you’re doing is hauling stuff and towing small/medium trailers locally. Once thickheaded folks start catching on that you can actually save a lot of money on fuel depending on your needs of the vehicle and charging habits.

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
Download the Bluedot app and you can charge at these for $0.30/kWh. That’s generally less than half of the posted price. These GM-branded EVgo chargers at Pilot/Flying J are my first choice for road trip charging, only downside is that there aren’t too many P/FJ locations with chargers yet.

Sponsored

msadan

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Pro
You can use a filter on the Pilot / Flying J app to find locations with EV chargers.
Ford F-150 Lightning Covered GM Ultium DCFC @ Pilot Flying J IMG_6421

ciferguson37733

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Manager

IMG_3052.jpeg

I want one along I5 between Seattle and Portland. That would become my new favorite place.

Have been using a BP Pulse across the street from a Flying J. Started out all good. Now a year later 3 of 4 stations are dead

Effonefiddy Lightning

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 Lightning SR Antimatter Blue /2023 Model Y
Occupation
Retired
Charged at one of these in Winslow AZ on recent road trip. Was REALLY nice not feeling like a 2nd class citizen being forced to charge behind a hotel while looking a dumpster or getting panhandled in WalMart parking lots. They even had trash cans and a squeegee!!
I was at that one last month, it was really nice.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

IMG_3052.jpeg
We're glad to hear you enjoyed your aventure!
Sponsored