Sponsored

Dashcam Recommendation?

brownhousechris

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Hi all, I'm starting to think a dashcam is a good idea. Does anyone have a recommended one they have installed themselves?
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Fusion energi
Occupation
Studio truck driver
Another vote for the fitcam. Looks factory and seems to be working good so far.

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Iā€™ve used VIOFO for many years and itā€™s been a very reliable camera system. I have found that any camera with a built in battery will self destruct in the heat of a closed car. The VIOFO uses a capacitor.
I have seen on this forum that people like the FitcamX because of its OEM look that fits into the review mirror mount and for an easy install people use the Dongar adapter with the FitcamX.

Sponsored

Adventureboy

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
Iā€™ve used VIOFO for many years and itā€™s been a very reliable camera system. I have found that any camera with a built in battery will self destruct in the heat of a closed car. The VIOFO uses a capacitor.
I have seen on this forum that people like the FitcamX because of its OEM look that fits into the review mirror mount and for an easy install people use the Dongar adapter with the FitcamX.

I also use the VIOFO with both forward and rear-facing cameras. I had an incident a number of years ago that needed the rear-facing camera.

Richie740

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
I'm using FitCamX. Super easy to install front and rear camera. Front cam which looks OEM which you can't even tell it's there. Good quality video.

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
I use Ring Car Cam in my Lightning and another vehicle. I am satisfied with their performance. It captured very good video of the deer that ran out in front of me one night. I also have a Ring Video Doorbell, and the Car Cams integrate well with the Ring app.

srspring551

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning Lariat 2023 ER, delivered 10-28-23
FitcamX - works great but wish there was an easy external plugin to allow parked video. I know I can use fuse box adapter but didn't get that. Anyone hook that up?

I was thinking if I wanted park video, I'd just plug in some external small battery. Anyone know of anything like that?

Sponsored

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
I have BlackVue front/rear in both my cars (including battery backup)

rgrandy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
Viofo A139 Pro with the rearview mirror adaptor and front and rear cameras. Works great! Good image quality

Ishkatan

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER =RAe (Range Anxiety)
Occupation
Old
FitcamX is very unobtrusive and I think looks like it is a factory install. (See Youtube.) It has two installation options. One wires into your mirror and is very easy but it only works when the truck is on. The other runs a line down into a fuse panel in the passenger footwell and gives you monitoring when parked (24/7). The latter s a bit more work. Either way, you still have to run a line to the back of the truck for the rear cam.
Mine is installed using the (easy) mirror adapter but requires me to turn on the car to view videos, or take the micro SD card to my PC. It has a hard time talking to my phone to show video because the phone keeps connecting to the car instead of the camera WiFi. To view clips without removing the memory card I use a tablet that is NOT synched to the rest of the car.
Sponsored