• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

DCFC with truck on

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
^^^^^^^^
This.

And don't get me started on how many posters have told me it doesn't make a difference which one I connect to cause the truck or car will figure it out. I stick to the 150Kw and don't have problems. If I have to connect to a 350 for some reason I usually expect trouble, and sometimes even get a warning on my IPC. And both my vehicles have the latest OBCC update (always).
Sponsored

2wheeltraveler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat Rapid Red
I had that issue back in Febuary, currently on the same road trip and mostly the same chargers and have not had that problem... just pull in get out and plug in and has started charging every time... maybe the last DC fast charge update did. Little more than they told us about...
I hope so, I've seen it on all EA, 150, 350, doesn't matter. Minor inconvenience but until I figured it out it caused me to leave a few chargers thinking something was wrong. I've had to tell other lightnings at the chargers so they don't leave frustrated.

Pales in comparison to my frustration with 150KW chargers only delivering 70KW because they are 200 AMPs thus taking 30+% longer at the station... but that's a whole other can of worms ;)

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
350s work fine for me.

OP
OP

256fail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F150 311A XLT
Occupation
Pilot
So charging worked great. New EA station at the VW factory in Chattanooga. 6/ 350kw stalls. Hooked right up zero errors and I maxed out at 170kw for a while before tapering off to 135kw near 80%. 18 mins to go from 42%-80. Sat nice and cool in the 92 degree heat reading emails.

Only issue I did have was that it didn’t recognize plug and charge. Did I do something wrong? I have it enabled under connected services on ford pass with a valid credit card. EA station kept prompting me to pay so I just used my CC as it only was going to cost around $7. Not a huge deal, but I want to use my purchased benefit of free charging.

Last edited:

ctuan13

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1979 Continental, 2022 F150 Lightning, 03 Marauder
Im not sure if there’s a cycle that’s required. But it’s happened often enough that I stopped flipping it.

I’ve got a bad habit that coming from Tesla and Rivian I always leave the truck on. It sucks to wake up the next morning to realize the truck is still on.
Oh I'm trying it say I wish I could permanently disable the Power down timer, because I always remember to shut off my truck, but there are plenty of instances when I wanted the truck to stay running and I forgot to turn off the power down timer and it shut down on its own.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
So charging worked great. New EA station at the VW factory in Chattanooga. 6/ 350kw stalls. Hooked right up zero errors and I maxed out at 170kw for a while before tapering off to 135kw near 80%. 18 mins to go from 42%-80. Sat nice and cool in the 92 degree heat reading emails.

Only issue I did have was that it didn’t recognize plug and charge. Did I do something wrong? I have it enabled under connected services on ford pass with a valid credit card. EA station kept prompting me to pay so I just used my CC as it only was going to cost around $7. Not a huge deal, but I want to use my purchased benefit of free charging.
Plug in. If that doesn't work, unplug, enable charger with FordPass, then plug in.

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I've always used only the accessory mode when charging with DCFC. I always fear that an extended charge will kill my aux battery when running AC and tinkering with settings. No issues yet with draining it thankfully.

So am I understanding correctly that the truck allows you turn it all the way on while fast charging? I once tried turning on my truck at home with my home charger plugged in and charging and the truck went nuts! I got warnings to pull over safely and turn off the truck as soon as possible. I unplugged charger, and truck wouldn't start for over 10 minutes..just continuous warnings to take to dealer. After i opened and closed the frunk, everything went back to normal. After that experience, I never dared trying to start it while fast charging far away from home.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I once tried turning on my truck at home with my home charger plugged in and charging and the truck went nuts! I got warnings to pull over safely and turn off the truck as soon as possible.
I don’t think that’s normal. I’m sure I’ve done that, but I’ll repeat and see what happens.

TheWoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum, 2024 Rivian R1T
I've always used only the accessory mode when charging with DCFC. I always fear that an extended charge will kill my aux battery when running AC and tinkering with settings. No issues yet with draining it thankfully.

So am I understanding correctly that the truck allows you turn it all the way on while fast charging? I once tried turning on my truck at home with my home charger plugged in and charging and the truck went nuts! I got warnings to pull over safely and turn off the truck as soon as possible. I unplugged charger, and truck wouldn't start for over 10 minutes..just continuous warnings to take to dealer. After i opened and closed the frunk, everything went back to normal. After that experience, I never dared trying to start it while fast charging far away from home.
That's a bizarre reaction. You can absolutely turn the truck on while charging. The A/C works more effectively than in accessory mode, so I've charged with the truck on a lot this summer.
Sponsored