Sponsored

DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer. ***Update 10/16, fixed after 5 weeks***

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
The CSP regarding the HVB or LVB BMS? And how long is the bumper to bumper warranty again?
I would say all of them, but definitely the front sensor CSP. They had my 12V battery on their charger and it still dropped into the 25% charge rate.

Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36k miles.
Sponsored

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Funny enough I had water in my lightbar AND Frunk Lights within a few months of taking delivery (Live in FL). I brought it in to dealer (6/12/2023) and they had "record" of it being a potential problem so it was replaced within a few days but I believe with the same part. The recall officially came out like a week later, but I've not had the issue since.

Currently I have the following notices:
23S30 - Potential of cracks in rear lightbar
23B70 - Battery Monitor Sensor may under repot 12v Battery capacity during OTA Software Update
22S71 - Recall windshield wiper motor
24B56 - Front park aid becomes inoperable due to "Front Parking Sensors Not Available"

One other side note. Back when I took it in for the rear brake light bar moisture, I made a comment about my Front sensor randomly throwing an error twice in a few months and it was disregarded. Seems it is the newest notice.
Not getting that BMS sensor replaced is gonna cause you more problems than it's worth in the long run. You will end up having numerous issues relating to a low 12V battery because it won't be getting recharged back up the way it's supposed to until you get the new sensor.

Originally very early on, the lightbars were replaced with other lightbars that were either getting damaged during shipping and/or had the same micro cracks in them. That's been sorted now.

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
I would say all of them, but definitely the front sensor CSP. They had my 12V battery on their charger and it still dropped into the 25% charge rate.

Bumper to bumper is 3 years/36k miles.
Then they weren't using the correct settings. They were likely using the CCA settings for a 36AH battery instead of maxing it out like you're supposed to when doing programming. This has been discussed several times on the FMC dealer tech forum.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Somehow, 90 minutes after the last conversation, a phone call came in saying the Lightning was done, washed, camera confirmed working correctly and ready for pick up. I got a ride to the dealer, checked it out, and drove it home. Everything works as it should. The claim was that my part was ordered incorrectly, but the correct part came in for one that has only been in the dealer a few days. They gave me his part and he will get mine Friday. Don't know or care if I believe them, but I have my Lightning back after five weeks. I noticed only one thing different that I like a lot - my auto high beams now start operating at 22 mph instead of the 32 it has been since new. As I live in a very curvy, wildlife and tree covered area and leave for work at 5am, this is a very useful change.

Was it a software or hardware issue? I don't really know.
Wishing you happy trucking this point forward!
Sponsored