Sponsored

DO NOT BRING LIGHNING IN FOR RECALLS! Truck is dead at dealer. ***Update 10/16, fixed after 5 weeks***

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
So far a happy ending on my truck.
I picked my truck up today. They got all of the updates done.

They said the issue was with the laptop they were using and when they tried a second laptop, everything went through fine.
I seem to recall a few people that did their own updates from FDRS that a bum laptop made the process...not fun. So that seems believable, though I would have expected laptops used for service at a dealership to be top notch. Funny things happen, at least they figured it out and nothing was bricked.
Sponsored

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
I seem to recall a few people that did their own updates from FDRS that a bum laptop made the process...not fun. So that seems believable, though I would have expected laptops used for service at a dealership to be top notch. Funny things happen, at least they figured it out and nothing was bricked.
So far I’ve driven it home and it’s charging okay. 360 cam is good and camera still engages when close to something.

hard to believe a bum laptop can cause those HV battery warnings and everything. Scary.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
So far I’ve driven it home and it’s charging okay. 360 cam is good and camera still engages when close to something.

hard to believe a bum laptop can cause those HV battery warnings and everything. Scary.
A more believable story is, "We forgot to hook up the battery and the 12v battery was depleted". I seem to recall a low 12V will sometimes throw those codes as well. If that's the case, they likely didn't want to admit to have acted like a rookie and made up the story about the laptop. I've only partially paid attention to the FDRS stuff and am still ramping up my know-how on it. It's a loooong thread.