Does Fast Charging Ruin Your Electric Car's Battery? -- Engineering Explained

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Watched it the other day. Wasn't really anything new that hasn't been discussed here. Yes it degrades. Is it something we should worry about? Not really. That's what I got out of it, but I do like his videos. Been a sub for a couple years now.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
I fall into the "who cares" camp. I own the truck to use it and if goes south in the process then: less then 100K then it's Ford's problem, more then 100K then it gets picked up by the extended warranty, more the the extended warranty then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ... assuming, of course, the battery or I don't die while on the bridge!

jefrank

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat, 2004 BMW 330Ci
I fall into the "who cares" camp. I own the truck to use it and if goes south in the process then: less then 100K then it's Ford's problem, more then 100K then it gets picked up by the extended warranty, more the the extended warranty then I'll cross that bridge when I come to it ... assuming, of course, the battery or I don't die while on the bridge!
Extended warranty doesn't add anything to the battery coverage per comments on this forum, but, otherwise, I'm in agreement
Sponsored