• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Does Spray-in Liner effect bed washing?

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
Hi.

The dealer is about to install the line X spray-in liner for my 24 lightning. My initial thoughts have been that this is a great option to seal up all those little cracks and help keep the bed more dry. However, now I am wondering whether there are drain holes in a truck bed and whether the use of a spray-in liner will make it harder to simply hose down and clean the bed with a quick way to dry it.

this is my first truck and so your thoughts are appreciated .
Sponsored

3rdgenfan

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 XLT SR, G8 GXP, TDI Rabbit
I've had two new pickups with bed liners and just run the water and debris from the back panel out towards the tail gate and it's always drained from there.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
There are no drain holes in the bed. Drainage is achieved through the seam gaps between the floor and sides and (unfortunately) a spray-in line does not seal them.
If you have tonneau cover and drive on dusty roads, the bed and everything in it gets a thick covering of dust. I miss the old, one piece stamped beds!

OP
OP

MrLoganRoss

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23.5 MachE GTPE & '24 Lightning Lariat
Super helpful guys. I though the delay in liner by its nature would seal the gaps on the floor and the sides?

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X

Sponsored

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
I have had two trucks one with drop in bed liner and Lightning with spray-on. What I loved about the drop in was one the wavy floor could hold some water without making flat items on the bed wet. The other thing I liked about it was low friction. When I went to the dump with yard trash, I could slide the whole thing out in one shot. The downside of it was that overtime dirt accumulated under the liner. The old truck's booty was higher empty so water stayed there until I drove it up hill or accelerated fast.

My current spray in looks better and has more friction. This can be a good thing if you want stuff secured but it takes more effort for me to unload stuff.

PrimeRisk

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 L Lariat, 2023 Tesla MY, 2021 Tesla MYP
Occupation
Technonerd