• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Hybrid
I'm not sure why Ford would "sanction" what this thread represents. And certainly not the editing of ASbuilt parameters with Forscan.

Having said that, I wouldn't be surprised if Ford has some folks monitoring what is being shared here and have discussed it in the conference room in various contexts. :)
With BMWs we use a tool for F and G chassis called E-Sys. It's a factory diagnostic and low-level editing tool that dealerships do not have. It was protected by certificates but those were able to be re-generated by a gentleman named TokenMaster (haha). After a few years, BMW basically "scrambled" all of the text and information in Esys thinking they would prevent people from using it. They were wrong.

From what I've seen with Ford vs BMW, Ford seems to understand people use these tools and has (unlike BMW) made them safer and more dummy-proof. FDRS module recovery is a great example of this, as is saving As-Builts in a database, among other things. I'm sure Ford knows we use these tools, but they likely sat down and realized that _most_ of the people here are trying to do things right and in the end, saving money on warranty payouts to dealerships. Also, they are almost certainly learning from what we're doing on not only how to improve their products and tools, but also how to write new TSBs and shop instructions for procedures.

It would be cool for someone in the technical group of Ford to let us know if we're helping/hurting, but if we were hurting them it's fairly trivial for them to implement roadblocks.
Sponsored

Bob_Mac

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Platinum
Occupation
Cyber Security | Developer
I purchased a new to me 21 F150 Lariat 3 weeks ago with a stuck update 1.7, I just got my Mongoose and recommended battery charger, all the updates went off with out a hitch. Then came the Apim I created the USB and nothing. So my plan is to leave it plugged in the truck until it starts. I have it currently sitting in the driveway with the battery charger, key on engine off. I am getting the IPMA u2400 error and I no longer have lane centering and street sign adjusted cruise control.

I am excited to be apart of this forum and a new ford owner.
Follow my guide here.

kevinwright9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch Powerboost
I updated to Revision 244 a while back before my FDRS license expired. After following the thread and reading every single comment, I ordered the Mongoose (arriving today) and will start the next steps. Would someone mind checking my VIN to make sure I have updates before I pony up for the next 30 days? It would be much appreciated! 1FTFW1EDXMFB51683

Sponsored

ksimon123451

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I updated to Revision 244 a while back before my FDRS license expired. After following the thread and reading every single comment, I ordered the Mongoose (arriving today) and will start the next steps. Would someone mind checking my VIN to make sure I have updates before I pony up for the next 30 days? It would be much appreciated! 1FTFW1EDXMFB51683
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1FTFW1EDXMFB51683

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum

Note: Even after completing those, I think you will then get an additional APIM/GWM update that is not currently listed.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS kevinwright.PNG

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
I'm still getting reverse brake assist unavailable alerts, even after a 100 mile drive last night where I was able to go dozens of times with no steering inputs for 30 seconds. Could it be related to my IPC U2100, or should I be looking into something else?

ksimon123451

First Name
Kelly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Systems Administrator
I'm still getting reverse brake assist unavailable alerts, even after a 100 mile drive last night where I was able to go dozens of times with no steering inputs for 30 seconds. Could it be related to my IPC U2100, or should I be looking into something else?
Not sure this will help but I got this from Bob Mac's documentation.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS Screenshot 2022-03-22 114643

Sponsored

Ajzride

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21Mach-E / 65Mustang / 21PB 502A 157"
Occupation
Eng
Thanks Kelly, but I've literally tried to PMI it over ten times. It fails every time. I'm not sure why an IPC U2100 would affect reverse brake assist though.

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
you need to do 360 camera alignment. you also need to stay in specific speeds (i did ~10mph). the car will show 100% but FDRS will take roughly double the distance. I did it on a short 1/4 mi road that i drove up and down 5-6 times and now i'm good to go.

Slappy McGee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Anyone experience less effective lane keeping after the first round of post- 1.7.1-OTA failure updates?

I took a~30 minute highway drive and noticed on the positive side that there no longer seems to be excessive “clicking”in the driver footwell area when breaking or accelerating, and you don’t have to “fight” the steering wheel as much.
On the negative side, the truck tends to drift until almost over the lane marker before correcting.

I’m wondering if this will be corrected after the APIM updates or a future update, or if I need to calibrate or adjust something.
Thanks!

christophers

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Anyone experience less effective lane keeping after the first round of post- 1.7.1-OTA failure updates?

I took a~30 minute highway drive and noticed on the positive side that there no longer seems to be excessive “clicking”in the driver footwell area when breaking or accelerating, and you don’t have to “fight” the steering wheel as much.
On the negative side, the truck tends to drift until almost over the lane marker before correcting.

I’m wondering if this will be corrected after the APIM updates or a future update, or if I need to calibrate or adjust something.
Thanks!
i have noticed this. i have BC enabled, but lane keeping is more of "preventing you from crashing" and less "lane centering"

Airborne_Ape

First Name
Chad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2010, 2014, 2017, 2021 F150
IDS had an As built editor (shown in the screen shot below). Is this function easily accessible within FRDS or does the software have to be fooled into trying to PMI an ECU while its offline or tricked somehow to get to this stage? Also, does the checksum have to be manually calculated when doing this?

Russian sanctions are limiting the usual options for many people, so I'm interested in learning the proper way to edit As Built data with FRDS.

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 5
Sponsored