• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Can you send me your VIN so I can check something?
you could check 1FTFW1E84MKE02174 as I am in the exact same state as Ebrou? ?
Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Sponsored

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum - Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Software Sales
You have the same issue as the others with the update not completing.

Need to see what your files are. do a network scan go to IPC see what files are actually loaded.

When you go to FDRS and it shows the list of modules select the IPC and scroll down and show what the files are.
Here are the modules in IPC:
Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS ipcmodules

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Here are the modules in IPC:
ipcmodules.png
Yeap exactly what I said.. Notice 188 that is wrong. That will need to be corrected before you can move any further. I can correct it. Once its corrected all updates will proceed. Ill have to remote in through teamviewer. When I do Ill need you to be hooked up to the truck same as you would be for FDRS.

Do you have an active Forscan License?

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
Yeap exactly what I said.. Notice 188 that is wrong. That will need to be corrected before you can move any further. I can correct it. Once its corrected all updates will proceed. Ill have to remote in through teamviewer. When I do Ill need you to be hooked up to the truck same as you would be for FDRS.

Do you have an active Forscan License?
Ok. I dont, but I am planning on grabbing one. I'll do that now.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok. I dont, but I am planning on grabbing one. I'll do that now.
You cant buy them anymore. You can get a free one though. Once you have one let me know. Message me take about 10 mins to fix if you cant get one I can install one and release it I have in for situations to help people

dougbillings

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Software Sales
You cant buy them anymore. You can get a free one though. Once you have one let me know. Message me take about 10 mins to fix if you cant get one I can install one and release it I have in for situations to help people
Perfect. Quick question. Will the Mongoose work with Forscan or do i need to switch to the other adapter that I bought for it?

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Perfect. Quick question. Will the Mongoose work with Forscan or do i need to switch to the other adapter that I bought for it?
Mongoose works fine

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Just took a 250 mile trip and the Truck is running way better after being fully updated, before updates I was getting around 20-21mpg on the highway in eco, now I am getting 23.5-25mpg.
Yea, what gets lost sometimes in the mad chase for updating features like Bluecruise is that a few of those updates are Ford's revisions on the drivetrain, especially the Powerboost being brand new out of the box.

They might not fix a factory defective component, like a bad torque converter or underfilled transmission fluid, but if your truck is healthy you should find it more refined?

I too am experiencing after putting a couple of hundred miles on it that it just feels more polished.

MikeYQM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum Powerboost | 2013 BMW M3 Comp
Yea, what gets lost sometimes in the mad chase for updating features like Bluecruise is that a few of those updates are Ford's revisions on the drivetrain, especially the Powerboost being brand new out of the box.

They might not fix a factory defective component, like a bad torque converter or underfilled transmission fluid, but if your truck is healthy you should find it more refined?

I too am experiencing after putting a couple of hundred miles on it that it just feels more polished.
Makes sense, I’m fairly familiar with engine tuning and it’s complex on its own. Throw EV motors into the ICE mix and it gets even more complex. A whole new set of variables to control for charging and discharge state in idle, acceleration, cruise, deceleration… all in various drive modes. Makes for a lot of room to polish.

jordandev

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 302A (on order...)
Sigh...

Ford F-150 Lightning ECU module programming guide using FDRS 1648393407914

*Update - and it's back. Was down 10-15mins
Sponsored