• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

beast

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford lightning XLT SR 312A
Will does work with all trim levels? I have a xlt 312a and want to get this done on my truck. Thinking about having it done by dealer.
Sponsored

drewfaulk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning
Just did this install today. Went pretty well. I purchased the emblem from Ford and wired the Green wire back together. I doubt the one from Putco is any brighter. This thing is extremely bright. Any brighter and it would be a headlight. Looks great with the Pro grill. The matte finish plastic on the Pro grill and this emblem is a near perfect match.

I just had trouble with the fuse. the fuse they gave me was very tight to the other fuse below it and I ended u0p breaking it trying to force it in. Ended up having to run to AutoZone to purchase another 5A fuse for $7 :(:mad:.

I used Fuse 22 because I like the emblem to stay lit for a bit when the car it parked. When I went out to get another use, I put the fuse in the top spot so that the emblem was lit and left the bottom port open and strangely enough the emblem stayed lit when the headlights were on and turned off when the headlights turned off... Which was, IMO, perfect behavior. With both fuse ports filled, the emblem stays on much longer than the headlights. No idea why and no idea what this fuse does. My headlights worked regardless if there was a fuse or not, but my directionals were clicking fast which normally indicates that your blinker light is out.
PXL_20230519_152623686.jpg

I also wired my Powertrax cover today:

I know it's been awhile since you installed this, but your post got me wondering if you could "daisy chain" two fuse taps together to get the emblem to only come on with the headlights: one would plug into the fuse box and have a fuse in the bottom and another fuse tap plugged into the top (with the 12V line capped off). The second one would have a fuse just in the top (bottom empty), with the 12v line connecting to the LED emblem. Seems like this would solve the directionals blinking fast and allow the emblem to only come on with the headlights.

Awj

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Isn't fuse 22 the power steering module? Why would tapping into that fuse allow the emblem to come on/off with the headlights?

I'm into fuse 48 and it comes on/off with the ignition. The most ideal setup would be to come on/off with the light bar/DRL or at least the headlights but idk if anyone has figured that out yet.

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
I installed mine yesterday, 23 pro SR. I first tried 48, badge would not illuminate, no error codes. Next I tried 22, also did not work and the truck thru error codes. Next I tried 137, again did not work and error codes. Last I tried 181, this worked, but like others the lights stay on a long time after you turn off the truck. Also the turn signals flash fast. I've done a lot of upgrades and forscan changes previously, not sure if that's why the other spots don't work or maybe because it's a pro. 🤷

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I would like it to come on when I unlock the vehicle and go off when I lock it (or whenever the lights go off after I lock it). Is there a fuse that would mimic that behavior (maybe the DRLs since those seem to work on that action)?

Sponsored

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
Update, after reading thru again I found @Jsfrye post and moved it to spot 22 and used the removed fuse and the fuse included in the kit. Works perfectly, lights turn off normally and the turn signals flash normal speed. I noticed using 181 the front turn signals didn't work and the headlights turned on while charging.
Ford F-150 Lightning F-150 Lightning LED Ford Emblem Swap. Step by Step Installation DIY Video. IMG_20240603_091600739_HDR

Last edited:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Update, after reading thru again I found @Jsfrye post and moved it to spot 22 and used the removed fuse and the fuse included in the kit. Works perfectly, lights turn off normally and the turn signals flash normal speed. I noticed using 181 the front turn signals didn't work and the headlights turned on while charging.
IMG_20240603_091600739_HDR.jpg
Did you installed the putco or from Ford? I'm surprised there's no harness from Ford or Putco yet. I was trying to wait out I will try #22 like you.
Thanks for the info..

Mcfly

First Name
Billy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma trd off road
Occupation
Realtor
Did you installed the putco or from Ford? I'm surprised there's no harness from Ford or Putco yet. I was trying to wait out I will try #22 like you.
Thanks for the info..

This is the Putco badge. It's brighter than the Ford one and it does a start up animation. I wish it would turn on with the lightbar when you walk up. Right now it turns on when you turn on the truck, and off as soon as you power down.

Madasahatter1138

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Transit
Occupation
Electronics Tech
This is the Putco badge. It's brighter than the Ford one and it does a start up animation. I wish it would turn on with the lightbar when you walk up. Right now it turns on when you turn on the truck, and off as soon as you power down.
I finally got around to doing this mod this week,and the installation went smooth,and it looks great. I also didn't notice any FM issues, local stations were clear (first time ever trying FM after 1 year of ownership).
Used Fuse 22. Now my only issue is I'm using the truck to power a campsite, and the Logo is now ON all the time, and is waaay too bright for that....I'll need to install a kill switch I guess. Came here hoping someone had found a fuse that works with the Light bar.....

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I finally got around to doing this mod this week,and the installation went smooth,and it looks great. I also didn't notice any FM issues, local stations were clear (first time ever trying FM after 1 year of ownership).
Used Fuse 22. Now my only issue is I'm using the truck to power a campsite, and the Logo is now ON all the time, and is waaay too bright for that....I'll need to install a kill switch I guess. Came here hoping someone had found a fuse that works with the Light bar.....
I had the same problem camping a few weeks ago. I just ended up laying a towel over the hood/emblem.

Still hoping someone can find the right fuse to allow it to come on/off with DRL.

Sponsored

safridi22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Blackwing ct5
Hey Fam

Hate poking at this, but i just installed the putco emblem and everything works with fuse 22 but the back of my emblem only had black and red wire, no green. Does that mean im assed out of the animation?…..that sucks.

I sadly convinced myself that if there was any performance to be gained from this “performance mod,” the speed of the animation was it. ….buzzkilled

any help on getting me some animation would be dearly appreciated.!

thx

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer
Ok i need help from the brain trust here. I connected the negative to the main jumper pole. When I connect the fuse end to the hot terminal the badge starts up fine. If I use fuse 22, 48, the one for USB power. None will power it up either then unlocking or when starting the truck. Again and can pull it out of the fusebox, connect fuse end to hot and it lights up.

bigtomlandry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR
[/QUOTE]
Hey Fam

Hate poking at this, but i just installed the putco emblem and everything works with fuse 22 but the back of my emblem only had black and red wire, no green. Does that mean im assed out of the animation?…..that sucks.

I sadly convinced myself that if there was any performance to be gained from this “performance mod,” the speed of the animation was it. ….buzzkilled

any help on getting me some animation would be dearly appreciated.!

thx

if you got the emblem from ford they cut the green wire for the animation halfway in the harness. If you remove the wires from the loom you will find it. Reconnect the wire using any connector and you will get your startup animation! @safridi22

butterfb

First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Occupation
Senior Support Engineer

if you got the emblem from ford they cut the green wire for the animation halfway in the harness. If you remove the wires from the loom you will find it. Reconnect the wire using any connector and you will get your startup animation! @safridi22
[/QUOTE]

Greenwire is intact, again the start up sequence goes and light goes on only when connecting the wire to the hot post, but when plugging it into any fuse port it will not light up at all.

bigtomlandry

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT SR

Greenwire is intact, again the start up sequence goes and light goes on only when connecting the wire to the hot post, but when plugging it into any fuse port it will not light up at all.
[/QUOTE]

how are you connecting to fuse box? Are you using the provided piggyback and plugging in both fuses. The one that came with the emblem and the one you removed from the fuse box location?
Sponsored