• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Confirmed you are on the ACJ version of the IPMA. If you can toggle it on and off, it should be working. Maybe a stupid question, but I have to ask: When you connected the trailer, did you just connect to the hitch or did you actually plug the trailer lights in?
Sponsored

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
Big shout out to the community for the forscan code to enable the Glarefree headlights :handsinair:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Big shout out to the community for the forscan code to enable the Glarefree headlights :handsinair:
Have you noticed a big difference yet?

I wasn't sure I needed glarefree until yesterday driving my normal 4am side street commute to work on a really dark street. There was a car coming toward me and glare was in my eyes, my high beam was on then off for the on coming car. With high beams off it was very dark on the side of the road and I would have slowed down if I wasn't already hypermiling my 7 mile trip to work.. This is when I realized how Glarefree will help me.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Man, I am stumped. The F150 and Lightning are very similar in architecture when it comes to the module network. I don't think the fact that your APIM software is not the latest is the reason this isn't working for you, but I can't really attribute it to anything else. Hopefully someone on a higher Sync version tries this out so we can confirm.

transmutated

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning XLT
Have you noticed a big difference yet?

I wasn't sure I needed glarefree until yesterday driving my normal 4am side street commute to work on a really dark street. There was a car coming toward me and glare was in my eyes, my high beam was on then off for the on coming car. With high beams off it was very dark on the side of the road and I would have slowed down if I wasn't already hypermiling my 7 mile trip to work.. This is when I realized how Glarefree will help me.
HUGE difference! Was super easy to notice as well when driving next to a woods. When the car would pass, the woods would light up real bright on the left side. Neat addition was also the headlights that turn with the truck. Wasn’t expecting that, but this was enabled as part of the code.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
HUGE difference! Was super easy to notice as well when driving next to a woods. When the car would pass, the woods would light up real bright on the left side. Neat addition was also the headlights that turn with the truck. Wasn’t expecting that, but this was enabled as part of the code.
Adaptive headlights are actually really good. Just sad that the US banned them for so long and now that they are allowed, Ford still doesn't activate them.

dingmah

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning
I disabled the 30 minute auto vehicle power down timer using FORScan.

The setting you need to change is: IPC 720-01-01 x*xx xxxx xx
  • Subtract 8 from the value that is in the second position denoted with *
  • In the second position, there will be a letter A to F that represents a certain value. A=10, B=11, C=12, D=13, E=14, F=15.
  • IE: if your second value is A, then you would replace it with 2.
  • IE: if your second value is F, then you would replace it with 7.
Link to the thread where I originally got the instructions from: https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1695008-disabling-idle-time-shutdown.html

Video of it defaulting to OFF from START:

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
So is the default off and you can still turn it on or greyed out permanently?

Sponsored

kraxner

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Platinum
When I enabled the Trailer Side View camera option and it disabled the Controls menu item for Drive Modes, it reminds me of the late 90's using RegEdit.exe to tweak my Windows computer in hopes I don't screw it up.

My fear now is I'm not sure where the install disks are for the truck! 😅

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Can anyone tell me how to disable the break coach? I know I used to see it but now can not find it.

LazyLightningATX

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'23 Lariat ER
Can anyone tell me how to disable the break coach? I know I used to see it but now can not find it.
Its in the menus on your dash that you use the steering wheel controls for. Go through those screens, it is somewhere in there. Just had to turn it back off also...

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Technician
Its in the menus on your dash that you use the steering wheel controls for. Go through those screens, it is somewhere in there. Just had to turn it back off also...
Ok thanks I don't remember it being in the dash menu, did that change from the main screen menu?
Sponsored