• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

F150 Lightning FORscan thread

marlin1060

First Name
Mearl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I don't think it's been moved. Look under something like Truck Settings, last option to select.
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Ok thanks I don't remember it being in the dash menu, did that change from the main screen menu?
Has always been on the dash menu. I’ve been turning it off since Nov 2022. Always comes back, sometimes after an update, sometimes for apparently no reason.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
Has always been on the dash menu. I’ve been turning it off since Nov 2022. Always comes back, sometimes after an update, sometimes for apparently no reason.
I changed it and it came back with no update??
I guess I really need the coaching even though I rarely use the brake pedal :)

Sponsored

jeffputts

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
Help! Ahh i botched something with forscan, go figure! I changed a bunch of goodies within the word version instead of hex which seemed to go great. My 2 issues i currently have are the lightbar no longer comes on even though DRL is turned on within the car controls. the lightbar works fine when headlights are on and the brightness is increased as i programmed. second the easy exit is on even though it is turned off in the control center. Not sure what would have changed that. any help is appreciated. yes i did back up the AsBUILT before making changes in hex but i didnt think to do it before i made changes in the word version

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Help! Ahh i botched something with forscan, go figure! I changed a bunch of goodies within the word version instead of hex which seemed to go great. My 2 issues i currently have are the lightbar no longer comes on even though DRL is turned on within the car controls. the lightbar works fine when headlights are on and the brightness is increased as i programmed. second the easy exit is on even though it is turned off in the control center. Not sure what would have changed that. any help is appreciated. yes i did back up the AsBUILT before making changes in hex but i didnt think to do it before i made changes in the word version
Might be someone good enough to decipher what you need to change back, but your best bet is to restore the backup files you saved and start over.

You did save backup files right? If all esle fails you need to download your "As built" from Ford now before your truck updates it with the bad vaiues.

jeffputts

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
Might be someone good enough to decipher what you need to change back, but your best bet is to restore the backup files you saved and start over.

You did save backup files right? If all esle fails you need to download your "As built" from Ford now before your truck updates it with the bad vaiues.
i saved the as builts before i messed with the hex symbols but not before i did the layman switcheroos.

Reactions: GDN

jeffputts

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
i saved the as builts before i messed with the hex symbols but not before i did the layman switcheroos.
i downloaded the ab file from motorcraft for my vin, appears its only 1 file for all the modules. can i reload them all at once from this in forscan?

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
i downloaded the ab file from motorcraft for my vin, appears its only 1 file for all the modules. can i reload them all at once from this in forscan?
Unfortunately not unless something has changed since I used it last. It is just a backup/reference for how your truck was before the updates. It may be a bit tedious, but should allow you to get all of your settings back. You can open the backup files and compare them to the sections of the as built that match.

Sponsored

jeffputts

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
Unfortunately not unless something has changed since I used it last. It is just a backup/reference for how your truck was before the updates. It may be a bit tedious, but should allow you to get all of your settings back. You can open the backup files and compare them to the sections of the as built that match.
thanks I'll give it a shot. i might step back a couple things that i know dont do anything like fogs with high beams duh we dont have fogs lol and ambient lighting colors. after couple reboots the easy entry is back to normal, i have the glare free lighting working, walk away lock is showing but not working even though im on 6.12

Trp3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150 Lightning Xlt ER
I've tried looking, are the drl brightness codes on the 1st page still working? If so, what's the stock brightness set at? Thanks 23 xlt er

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
I've tried looking, are the drl brightness codes on the 1st page still working? If so, what's the stock brightness set at? Thanks 23 xlt er
From post 1, the value/default is whatever you see in this position in your AsBuilt:
BCM (this setting adjusts brightness) 726-38-01 xxxx 64xx xxxx
64 =100%
5A = 90%
4B =75%
32 = 50%
19 = 25%
0A =10%

On my 2022 Lariat, the As Built shows
726-38-01 0164-0A00-01
so 0A = 10%.

Last edited:

Trp3383

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 F-150 Lightning Xlt ER
From post 1, the value/default is whatever you see in this position in your AsBuilt:
BCM (this setting adjusts brightness) 726-38-01 xxxx 64xx xxxx
64 =100%
5A = 90%
4B =75%
32 = 50%
19 = 25%
0A =10%

On my 2022 Lariat, the As Built shows a OA there, so 10%.
Thanks. And is 100% OK to do?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired engineer
Thanks. And is 100% OK to do?
Folks have tried it and reported no difference. To me it's plenty bright at night. Would not want it any brighter.
Sponsored