F150 Lightning FORscan thread

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
I feel like we're driving different vehicles. I never had a blinking red light I had to turn off with FORSCAN.
Sponsored

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
I feel like we're driving different vehicles. I never had a blinking red light I had to turn off with FORSCAN.
Lol yea on the lower right of the LCD cluster in between the PRND and Temp I had the traditional red figure in the seat belt icon. And although and no longer made a chime the little light was blinking. And it did not go away even after driving for 10 minutes.

My cousin has a 24 XLT lighting, he has the red light as well.

Last edited:

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Lol yea on the lower right of the LCD cluster in between the PRND and Temp I had the traditional red figure in the seat belt icon. And although and no longer made a chime the little light was blinking. And it did not go away even after driving for 10 minutes.

My cousin has a 24 XLT lighting, he has the red light as well.
Maybe all the changes you made in Forscan caused this. Have you tried reverting all your changes to stock and then trying the owner's manual procedure?

SNBI18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
24 Lariat
Maybe all the changes you made in Forscan caused this. Have you tried reverting all your changes to stock and then trying the owner's manual procedure?
I'm not sure what you mean by all the changes I did caused this? I have no issues anymore. I accomplished what I needed, the seat belt chime is gone, and the seat belt light is not longer on as well.

Every truck in the USA has the red seat belt light that illuminates when you don't have your seatbelt plugged in. It's mandated by federal law.

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER, 2023 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Retired
Decided to add Glare-Free to my Lightning. Updated FORscan to latest but when I went to connect using this it wouldn't connect. Tried several times, tried switching the switch, tried different USB ports on laptop, tried rebooting, etc. Then I connected the VCM2 I use for FDRS updates and it connected with no issues. Made all the changes and ran the headlight alignment service. Checked and the Glare-Free toggle was added to Sync. Not sure how to test if it's actually working.
Has anybody had issues with this no longer connecting after FORscan update?

Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Decided to add Glare-Free to my Lightning. Updated FORscan to latest but when I went to connect using this it wouldn't connect. Tried several times, tried switching the switch, tried different USB ports on laptop, tried rebooting, etc. Then I connected the VCM2 I use for FDRS updates and it connected with no issues. Made all the changes and ran the headlight alignment service. Checked and the Glare-Free toggle was added to Sync. Not sure how to test if it's actually working.
Has anybody had issues with this no longer connecting after FORscan update?
I have that but no longer use it. I use the OBD-EX Which I recommend.

For the one you have, in Forscan you have to tell it you’re using a device with a manual switch and it will prompt you to flip it when needed. Did you set it up in Forscan? Is it prompting you to flip the switch?

shelnian

First Name
Ian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Mach-E Premium ER, 2023 Lightning XLT SR 312A
Occupation
Retired
I have that but no longer use it. I use the OBD-EX Which I recommend.

For the one you have, in Forscan you have to tell it you’re using a device with a manual switch and it will prompt you to flip it when needed. Did you set it up in Forscan? Is it prompting you to flip the switch?
Yes and yes it prompted me to set the switch. Thanks for your help. I'll just use my VCM2 from now on since it just works, I didn't have to set it up or flip any switches.
Sponsored