• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP FordPass controls

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Dear @Ford Motor Company

I say this with all due respect. Your software controls are a hot, steamy, pile of dog crap.

I've been using FordPass, in one form or another, since our 2017 Escape. It's never worked correctly or reliably, and that makes me wonder why you decided to use it to control the Charge Station Pro.

Why is it I have to reboot my FCSP almost weekly, but my Emporia keeps marching along without fail since last November?

You can hire all the talent from Apple and Tesla that you want, but until you get the basics working, nobody is going to want your product. When I set a software charging limit, it should stay at that level until *I* change it.

I'm a Ford employee, and you have me seriously looking at getting a Model Y when the Mach-E is turned in. I'm tired of having to babysit my vehicles to make sure they charge every night, and because you can't get the basic functions of an electric car to work.

/rant
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
This ........ (y)

Mustang11s

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 MachEauto awd ER XLT Lightning ER
Occupation
Ford Senior Master Tech
Same here. Charge limit works maybe 10% of the time.

Avocadodude

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariat
Not that this makes me feel better, but sometimes I think it's only me with these problems:unsure:. Also probably why I never cancel my Cybertruck order, I've never had a charge level issue in the Tesla.

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
My experience to date with my FCSP and charging limit has been without error. I have the limit set to 80% and it stops there every time. Haven't lost FCSP connectivity either. Have you ruled out network/signal issues?

(not defending points about Ford software. While my FCSP has been fine and has updated, I have yet to receive any updates on my truck)

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
My experience to date with my FCSP and charging limit has been without error. I have the limit set to 80% and it stops there every time. Haven't lost FCSP connectivity either. Have you ruled out network/signal issues?
The 80% is in your truck. My problem is I set the amperage on the FCSP to 42 amps through the app, but for some reason, it occasionally charges at the full 80. You can change it all you want in the app, but until you actually cycle power on the FCSP, it ignores the change.

This is aside from the fact I have to stay up until 11pm every night to babysit a 6k pound child because some nights it's doesn't start charging at its set time

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
The 80% is in your truck. My problem is I set the amperage to 42 amps, but for some reason, it occasionally charges at the full 80. You can change it all you want in the app, but until you actually cycle power on the FCSP, it ignores the change.
When I first installed mine, I would set the charge rate to 64A but it would charge at 80. When I went back into the app, it still showed 80. So I set it back to 64. Before I charged again, I looked in the app and it showed 80. I set it back to 64 again. After about 4 iterations, the 64 stuck and that’s what it charges at. I’ve never had it randomly charge at anything other than the rate shown in the app.

Just relaying my observations.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
When I first installed mine, I would set the charge rate to 64A but it would charge at 80. When I went back into the app, it still showed 80. So I set it back to 64. Before I charged again, I looked in the app and it showed 80. I set it back to 64 again. After about 4 iterations, the 64 stuck and that’s what it charges at. I’ve never had it randomly charge at anything other than the rate shown in the app.

Just relaying my observations.
When I opened the app, it said 42 amps. When I looked at my Emporia monitor, it was charging at 17kw. I changed it to 40 amps in the app. Still 17kw. 38 amps in the app, 17kw.

No wonder they are not including the 80 amp FCSP next model year. They can't get it to work reliably.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
If I recall, when we use FordPass to set the charge limit, we are sending that info to the truck. The truck is what determines when and how much it wants. The FCSP responds to the truck's request and the only thing we control on the FCSP is the current. The only time I've had an issue is when an update occurred in my preferred time window and it reset the max to 100% due to temporarily losing it's location and not recognizing that it was at home. I haven't had that problem in quite a while though, so I think they got that sorted out.

I adjusted the current once, to 60A in the middle of summer when we were hitting 110+ and I started getting faults. It was very slow to take, communication to/from their cloud needs to be improved. I think that might help some of the issues you are seeing.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
When I opened the app, it said 42 amps. When I looked at my Emporia monitor, it was charging at 17kw. I changed it to 40 amps in the app. Still 17kw. 38 amps in the app, 17kw.

No wonder they are not including the 80 amp FCSP next model year. They can't get it to work reliably.
Is the FCSP capable of changing charge rate while it's being used? I'd guess it needs to be unplugged to accept a change. Not saying it should or shouldn't require that, just thinking out loud about what may be going on.

Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes. I've done it many times.
That's good to know, I've never tried. I don't have a monitor on mine so I'd have to rely on the FordPass app to check the rate. I really need to find that OBDII dongle...

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired

(not defending points about Ford software. While my FCSP has been fine and has updated, I have yet to receive any updates on my truck)
I've had exactly the same experience. No issues with the FCSP, no OTAs with the truck, bought in July.

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
This x’s 100000000000000000

Now my FordPass is showing “Plugged in, Not Charging”

Try again FP. It’s charging.

OP
OP
Pioneer74

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Electrician
Can anybody change the current on their FCSP in the FordPass app? I think the last update broke the feature.

No matter how many times I change the setting, I'm rocking along at 80 amps. I know it's connected to my network because I can log into it through the setup app, and it's showing my insights data and that I'm currently charging.
Sponsored