Sponsored

FCSP going white (resetting?) after disconnect from truck.

F150LAQS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lightning
My last three chargers:

1. I disconnected it in the middle of a charge that had not reached its scheduled 80%. The fcsp went white for about a minute, then when blue after what was presumably a reset. Was it possibly unhappy i disconnected in the middle of an active charge?

2. Was charging with no scheduled % to achieve, but because of suspicions i used the app to stop the charging. When i disconnected from truck it stayed blue, no reset.

3. This morning, the truck had reached its desired % soc and was preconditioned. I did not use the app to stop charge because charge was already stopped. But I disconnected and it went white for a bit until blue again, presumably another reset.

Not sure why its doing this now, ive been charging for a few months and its never gone white. Only thing that's changed is that it is now at or below freezing temps and I park and charge outside. This morning the fcsp cable and plug were covered in a small layer of ice. But the charging went just fine, not sure why it feels the need to reset. Any ideas?
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Mine goes white sometimes, too. I never really thought much about it.
Using the app vs pressing the latch to stop charging should be indiscernible to the EVSE. In both cases, the charger in the car simply stops charging.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow & 2024 Harley-Davidson Road Glide CVO-ST
Occupation
Retired
Totally normal, on the rare occasions I leave the truck plugged in overnight, this will happen after unplugging, the actual charging had been completed hours before.

I think it is a delayed restart, of the system or a communications session with Ford or Siemens services looking for updates or implementing updates if any were received.
Sponsored