• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

FCSP New Station Setup Connectivity Issues

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Talking of old stuff. Running FORTRAN from dual 8 inch floppy discs of 1.1 MB (yep MB) each to calculate PID tuning constants.
Uphill. Both ways. In the snow.
Sponsored

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
You need to use the reset button on the inside of the FCSP to get it to transmit its SSID again. I left the cover off completely until I got it to connect. Took several tries/resets. My router is a good 50ft away so I don't think signal strength is an issue. It's just finicky.

OP
OP

ThunderSnoww

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
Thanks to everyone for the advice. I was able to get my FCSP added to my home wifi network and connected to the iOS FordPass app. Turns out it sort of connected during my initial attempts. I couldn't tell that it had since the FCSP never showed up as a "paired" device that I could "manage" in the FCSP Setup App.

Unfortunately, the functionality was short-lived as my home Wi-Fi network went down within 24 hours after finally getting things connected. I still don't know what was wrong with my Wi-Fi router in that it was receiving functional internet from my modem, but it kept thinking it had no connection to the web. Given all the troubleshooting and steps I took to bring it back to life have always worked in the past, so I assume the root cause had something to do with the FCSP.

I ended up having to factory reset my Wi-Fi router multiple times. I found that I couldn't use the same SSID for my post-reset Wi-Fi router after having the FCSP connected prior. Once I finally thought to rename my Wi-Fi router's SSID (and WPA2/3 password) on my final factory reset attempt, it finally detected that there was an internet connection to the outside world. I was able to re-add the FCSP (along with all my other connected devices around the house) to a "new" network without any major issues. I did not power cycle the FCSP via an on/off flip of the circuit breaker nor did I need to dismantle it to access the FCSP factory reset button.

In the absence of my original home Wi-Fi SSID (and making sure my Bluetooth was off on my iPhone), the FCSP Setup App worked almost exactly as it was supposed to and paired the station on the first attempt. The only real issue I had was in the final step of opening the FordPass app to finish the import. I got a blank screen twice going from the FCSP Setup app to the FordPass app, so I just manually added it via FordPass since it had already "paired" with the FCSP setup app.

Hopefully, Ford can merge the functionality of the setup app into FordPass so everything can be done in one place, but I won't hold my breath on that anytime soon.

Some additional notes: I am using a mixed-signal Wi-Fi router (2.4 GHz & 5 GHz). I never deleted the FordPass app, but I did multiple uninstalls and reinstalls of the FCSP Setup app. After FCSP "paired" to the initial configuration of my home Wi-Fi router, it never showed up as a pairable device via the FCSP Setup app until I created a new SSID for my home Wi-Fi router.

OP
OP

ThunderSnoww

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER Antimatter Blue
There’s always the option of not linking it to the net.
For my situation, it's important to have access to the Insights so I can properly account for my portion of the electric bill. Without that, I'm short-changing the person I live with since the Charge History only shows the energy added to the truck, not the total energy used to get to the final SOC.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
For my situation, it's important to have access to the Insights so I can properly account for my portion of the electric bill. Without that, I'm short-changing the person I live with since the Charge History only shows the energy added to the truck, not the total energy used to get to the final SOC.
Take the battery energy stored value: 25 kWh divide by .9 = 27.8 kWh (total energy consumed)

Glad you got your install sorted!!!
Sponsored