First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I had to power cycle my FCSP again this Sunday, I think I did it a week ago, maybe it will become my ritual....oyyyyy.
Sponsored

Phil3315

First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum
Ford shipped a new charge station pro. It's been swapped and installed. The station did broadcast its SSID, so that's already better than the first one. Sadly, it shipped with the same 2.112.64 software with the temperature threshold bug I've been experiencing. That's disappointing they didn't update it for me first given the charge station's modem problems.

Oddly, the 5 GHz signal was stronger than the longer range 2.4 GHz from the same router, full bars vs. one less bar. It's only 15 feet from the wireless router. The new charge station loses connection when I park the truck next to it. The truck is not blocking the wifi line of sight. So, it's an unfortunate multipath susceptibility in the charge station pro radio architecture. There's all that real-estate inside that box: they couldn't have used multiple antennas to mitigate multipath, particularly when it's going to be right next to big a metallic truck? Putting a critical dependency on wifi for software, yet having such a suspectible and antiquated antenna system is a naive architecture choice. I guess that's a combination of cost cutting, Siemens poor radio architecture design, parts selection, and Ford not giving them sufficient requirements.

Ford has better antenna engineers in-house. They could have done better if they designed the charge station pro themself than outsourcing it. I'd be happy to help them design a better product.

Now let's see how long it takes to update its software. I guess I'll have to park outside to find out.

At least I got to pay an extra $9k to experience this!
agreed, I thought Siemens made better products than this. Of all the problems this thing has, the fact that the physical reset button on the board doesn’t do anything is really telling you a lot. The fact that it can get hung up on your WiFi network and refuse to connect to a new router with the same name and password and this require a warranty replacement, is laughable. These $5 Chinese LED smart bulbs do better than that. This thing ought to have an Engineering Sample label or Betaacross the front of it as it’s not ready to be a consumer product

BSull

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Corvette, F150 Lighnting, Mercedes GLC300
Occupation
retired
I have this same issue. I've been stuck at a pending update for 6 months or more. Flipping breaker reconnects the FCSP for a few hours, but then it goes back into Connection Lost and pending update never chages. I'm stuck at 2.112.77:0 (and a bunch more zeros).
I have version 2.112.91:..... and it still shows update pending. At my router the FSCP shows 3 of 4 bars on signal strength since I installed a mesh network. I had to reset the FCSP for it to recognize the new network setup, it was one bar.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
I improved my wifi coverage in the garage with 2 extenders and after 3 weeks I am also finally at 2.112.91. The Fordpass app shows update pending but the FCSP Setup app doesn't say update pending anymore. Maybe the wifi coverage was the culprit!

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting Lariat ER, Iconic Silver
Occupation
retired
I really hate that Ford forces us to go through FordPass to connect to our FCSP. Maybe if they had competent software people, and their system wasn't based on a reel to reel tape machine from the Apollo era, I might feel different, but their app is truly pathetic.
agreed. I'm at home with three desktop/laptop computers. why do I have to use my phone?

Sponsored

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
thank you for this thread. I had the FCSP connection lost message this morning but thanks for info on this thread, I turned the breaker off and back on. it was back online in less than 5 minutes.

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
cannot connect to the FCSP again. Fordpass screen has no error message just a blank screen. my FCSP is 5 feet from my router so it's wifi connection is excellent. @#%@#$@#

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Fordpass screen has no error message just a blank screen.

This is a report BUG in FP 4.30.2, tap the arrowed circle in the lower right corner, several times, eventually the screen will load.

@Ford Motor Company we need an update to Ford Pass, 4.30.2 is JUNK

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
This is a report BUG in FP 4.30.2, tap the arrowed circle in the lower right corner, several times, eventually the screen will load.

@Ford Motor Company we need an update to Ford Pass, 4.30.2 is JUNK
tapped it a dozen times .... nothing. will try again tomorrow. I know a breaker off/on will reset but this is nuts!

Last edited by a moderator:

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
connected without a problem the next morning.....but went out and plugged it in to the truck and the connection was lost. Tapped a dozen times but it never came back.... how they got your message. this is bad

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
I think the effn cloud servers at Ford are taking Sunday brunch at the moment.

I was just working in the Route Planner and trying to capture screens for a demonstration of how SOC's are displayed along the way points, the system took a dump and won't display my stored route plans at the moment!!!!

HOW THE EF FORD are your customers to rely on this system when they are heading home from a weekend at the cabin, leaf peeping, or packing up the summer camp and heading to points south.

These systems need to be reliable triple redundant and online 24/7/365 x 3

Last edited:

lakeguy55

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat, 2011 F-150, 98 Expedition
Didn't work for me yesterday. Working today. Still V4.30.2

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
FCSP connection with Ford Pass su#$% just getting a white screen, no ability to tap
tapped it a dozen times .... nothing. will try again tomorrow. I know a breaker off/on will reset but this is nuts!
many times I just get a white screen, nothing to tap on. very frustrating. also after completing a charge it seems to take overnight before the results are available.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
FCSP connection with Ford Pass su#$% just getting a white screen, no ability to tap

many times I just get a white screen, nothing to tap on. very frustrating. also after completing a charge it seems to take overnight before the results are available.
Have you updated to Fordpass version 4.31.0?
The new version is more responsive.
Ford appears to systemically suppress charge records for 24 hours now on the Vehicle > Charging > Charge Log.

When I charged and unplug in the early afternoon of Thursday, the charge record does not appear until Friday morning, this has been the case since release of 4.30.0. Now that I'm looking at it ... my Friday afternoon charge is MIA, this should be visible now but it's lost in space.

Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP Update Pending, Connection Lost 1699098906817

The Insights log shows my preconditioning & afternoon charging from Friday.
Ford F-150 Lightning FCSP Update Pending, Connection Lost 1699099027999

davehu

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
retired
Have you updated to Fordpass version 4.31.0?
The new version is more responsive.
Ford appears to systemically suppress charge records for 24 hours now on the Vehicle > Charging > Charge Log.
I would have thought updates to FordPass would be automatic, but I guess not. I updated to 4.31 this morning but it still won't connect to the FCSP. blank white screen.

got my Lariat on 9/11 and have no evidence of OTA's for the FCSP or the truck. perhaps that will fix some things but I'm still waiting. I do have to take the truck in this week or next to fix the keyblade issue (details on another thread) so I'll have them update the power up software
Sponsored