• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

For those who have 6.14, what further improvements would you like?

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
This is for the 15" screen, not sure what would apply to the smaller screen. Here's some of my ideas:

1) I like the new clean, crisp, modern icons at the top. Keep going with that theme and update the rest of the buttons, fonts, and graphics. My personal opinion is that it would look better without all the shadows and gradients.

2) Responsiveness. When I touch something I want instant response without a lag. Probably hardware limitations (need a faster processor), but maybe reducing animations would help. I'd rather have no animations over jerky ones.

3) Instead of recently used apps above the climate controls, make it a favorites bar that I can customize. No need for an app I opened once to show up there.

4) Navigation is so far behind I won't bother to list everything. I'd start with adding Tesla stations to auto-routing and let me select network preferences. For each network, let me select "preferred," "prompt," and "never." It will route using only preferred networks, but if a "prompt" network would shorten the trip over a certain amount it will prompt me to choose it if I want, and it will ignore networks I choose as never. And it will monitor the trip in real time and tell me if it recommends any changes. And I can change a station it picks with a "change station" button that shows a list in order of best route optimization. And while they're at it add a destination arrival SOC input.

5) A dedicated home screen like my '18 F150 but with widgets I can customize. Map, radio, zone lighting, etc.
Sponsored

THX1138

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
I want to be able to see and change music directories in the USB media player when I'm driving solo. There isn't any similar restrictions on changing music in the am/fm radio or sat radio.

Sponsored

Cvh8601

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat
How about charging information on the dash screen or center screen with the truck ‘off’. Current charge rate, rate requested by truck vs. rate provided by charger, etc.

better yet, a data screen that has all the parameters that one now has to get via OBD adapter. Voltages, currents, temps, etc.

manual battery preconditioning for DCFC when not using ford Nav.

Sponsored

Lytning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Prev: 2000 SVT Lightning; Now: 2022 BEV Lightning
Occupation
Engineer
better yet, a data screen that has all the parameters that one now has to get via OBD adapter. Voltages, currents, temps, etc.
Now, this would be great to have!

Electric_hillbilly

First Name
Enrique
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lighting
Occupation
Military
I wish could control zone lighting and windows from the app.

Definitely being able to lower volume of all the beeps

Have a max AC button (maybe replace the defroster on screen)

Being ablento watch movies on the screen while charging would he awesome. A browser would prolly do the trick

Camp mode would be awesome, or just to be able to use truck as a generator without having anything else on
Sponsored