• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Charge Station Pro Cord Replacement

swiftshocker

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning, 2023, Mach-e, 2024 Mustang GT
Hi Owners. I have been reading through the threads and can't find anyone that replaced their Charge Station Pro cord. I just drove over mine and followed the following steps:
  1. Curse loudly upon seeing broken charger on the ground
  2. Attach it to car anyway and get a charging fault. Reset and same fault.
  3. Remember not to set self or vehicle on fire, falling victim to Darwin Natural Selection
  4. Decide to contact Ford for new cord
    1. Visited website: https://chargers.ford.com/replacement-parts?charger=Ford Charge Station Pro
      1. Only selling cord for the smaller connect
    2. Visit dealership parts department where a very nice man told me that the EV's are "different" and I need to call Ford as the part number does not exist
    3. Call Ford - Get transferred to the EV department and give my name, email, VIN number.
      1. General line person recommends returning the whole unit and getting a full replacement.
      2. Repeat this 5-7 times until you get an actual EV person.
      3. EV person needs to verify everything 3-5 days
QUESTION: Does anybody have a link to the Ford part, an aftermarket solution, or a used part to sell?
Sponsored

flypony53

First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150 Lightning, Tesla Model Y, Tesla Model S
Hi Owners. I have been reading through the threads and can't find anyone that replaced their Charge Station Pro cord. I just drove over mine and followed the following steps:
  3. Remember not to set self or vehicle on fire, falling victim to Darwin Natural Selection
    1. Visited website: https://chargers.ford.com/replacement-parts?charger=Ford Charge Station Pro
    2. Visit dealership parts department where a very nice man told me that the EV's are "different" and I need to call Ford as the part number does not exist
    3. Call Ford - Get transferred to the EV department and give my name, email, VIN number.
      1. General line person recommends returning the whole unit and getting a full replacement.
QUESTION: Does anybody have a link to the Ford part, an aftermarket solution, or a used part to sell?
You might reach out directly to @Ford Motor Company on this forum. They are very responsive.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
I found this on another forum:

"Saturday I ran over my Charge Station Pro Cable/Coupler head. The part number is: Part # : SVNL3810D720AA on the Ford Replacement Parts Page. Of course it is sold out and no date for fulfillment is known. On the Coupler it says it is a Phoenix Control Product. Long Story short Phoenix Control said that their product does not work on the Charge Station Pro. I don't care as much about the two way traffic if the power goes out to the house in an outage. I just want to charge my truck. Has anyone had this problem and come up with a solution to get the 80a charge working? Thank you!"

https://www.ford-lightning.com/threads/charge-station-pro-cable-and-coupler-replacement.852/

Also, I would say IF you are not using the CSP to power your house, so that you do not need the two DC pins on the CCS1 plug you could replace the cord with an 80A J1772 cable (if you need 80A) but the 80A J1772 cords are pricey and you could just buy somebody's FCSP for less here or on eBAy for example.

I bought my FCSP for $600 with shipping and taxes on eBay brand new in the box and the original owner transferred the warranty to me by calling the 800 number.

But if you don't need the home bakcup DC pins and you don't need the 80A capability, for example if you have an SR battery you are limited to 48A anyway, you could get a J1772 cable that would handle the 48A and derate the FCSP for a lot less money than an 80A one.

Good luck!

carys98

First Name
Cary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR
I believe the original manufacturer is Siemens so you may be able to get a replacement directly from them.
Sponsored