• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Lightning Lariat SR For Sale Possibily

Farva20

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 502A Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Sales Manager
Hopefully, this is allowed to be posted. I actually have a Tremor that just got produced and hopefully will be picking up in April at one dealership. However, I placed an order for a Lightning right away day 1 thinking it would be quite a while before it actually get scheduled. Well one thing happened and now I got a VIN for the Lightning. I put quite a few miles on yearly (30,000ish) so I tend to trade often and I just do not think that the Lightning is going to work for me and the amount I travel. Wondering if there is any interest or recommendations out there on how to sell the Lightning. I am not looking to give the thing away as I know supply and demand but what do you all think is a fare price to sell it for? MSRP is $71,539. I already talked to the dealer and they are not requiring me to sign and sort of I cant sell it for 12 months type form or anything. I have bought from this dealer before so I am not concerned with them throwing me a curveball last minute.

Specs:
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariat

• Paint
    • Agate Black Metallic
  • Exterior
    • B&O Sound System
    • BoxLink™
    • Pro Power Onboard - 9.6 KW
    • Mirrors, Sideview – Power-folding, Power Glass with Heat, Turn Signal, Memory, Auto-Dimming Feature, High-Intensity LED Security Approach Lamps, and Body-color Skull Caps
    • 5-1/2' Box
    • Carbon Black Fixed Extended Running Board w/ Enhanced Lighting
    • Power-Sliding Rear-Window
    • Front Bumper Body-Color
    • LED Box Lighting w/Zone Lighting
    • Lightning
    • 275/60R20 BSW All-Terrain Tires
    • Privacy Glass
    • 360-Degree Camera
    • LED Sideview Mirror Spotlights
    • SuperCrew
    • Grille – Premium Geometric Gray-ion fine Satin Metallic w/ Signature Front Lighting
    • 20” Alloy Dark Carbonized Gray Wheels
    • Power Tailgate w/ Unique Rear Signature Lighting
    • Rear Bumper Body-color
    • 145" Wheelbase
    • BLIS with Cross-Traffic Alert
    • Reverse Sensing System
  • Interior
    • SiriusXM Traffic and Travel Link
    • Ford Co-Pilot360™ Active 2.0
    • Color-Coordinated Carpet w/Carpeted Floor Mats
    • 10-way Power Driver Seat and Multi-Adjustable Power Front Passenger Seat
    • Black
    • SYNC® 4
    • Connected Built-In Navigation
    • Leather-Trimmed 10-Way Power Driver with Memory, Multi-Adjustable Power Front Passenger
    • Wireless Charging Pad
  • Powertrain
    • 4x4
    • Rear eLocking Axle
    • Dual eMotor – Standard Battery
Sponsored

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
I'll give you MSRP minus $7500.

SCandTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Lightning
Everyone here will roast you. But throw it on carsandbids and see what happens. You won’t even need a reserve. It’ll bring over MSRP guaranteed.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Farva20

Farva20

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Everyone here will roast you. But throw it on carsandbids and see what happens. You won’t even need a reserve. It’ll bring over MSRP guaranteed.
Thank you. Not sure why people would feel the need to roast me. Just a serious question. Appreciate your recommendations I will have to look into that!

OP
OP
Farva20

Farva20

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
I'll give you MSRP minus $7500.
$7,500 is a tax credit doesnt mean I’m going to get a guaranteed $7,500 back. Just FYI.

SCandTC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 F-150 Lightning
Thank you. Not sure why people would feel the need to roast me. Just a serious question. Appreciate your recommendations I will have to look into that!
Check out all the Broncos that have sold there recently. The hype around the Lightning is just as high I feel. People get upset over the idea of flipping. Like they wouldn’t do the exact same thing if they could make $5,000-15,000 in a week.

vandy1981

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'19 Jaguar I-Pace, '22 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Plumber
Thank you. Not sure why people would feel the need to roast me.
If you think this is bad, check out the Rivian "for sale" threads.

Would recommend checking out Bring a Trailer, Facebook Marketplace, eBay Motors or Cars and Bids as others have said. This forum is not a good place for arbitrage--it's not a secure place to sell a vehicle and there are too many people who haven't gotten order invites and have reason to be annoyed.

Selfishly, I'd rather not be wading through "for sale" threads on this sub-forum and would love to see them banned or moved to the for sale sub-forum on the main F150gen14 site.

Sponsored

astricklin

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
99 Mercury mountaineer
Best bet is auction it. Remember that the language in the tax credit states that the vehicle cannot be purchased for resale and it might be hard to prove otherwise if you are selling it almost immediately. Of course it Will be hard for the IRS to prove you didn't originally intend to keep it unless they stumble upon this thread.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
I would just forgo the tax credit as the resale value will more than makeup for it and not be worth the risk of an audit. That being said, I hate the thought of a flipper but also realize that if he just abandoned the order the extra money would just go to the dealer.

OP
OP
Farva20

Farva20

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Sales Manager
Yeah certainly not my intention in ordering the Lightning to flip it. My Tremor order was delayed and never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would get scheduled and things actually move as quickly and as smoothly as they have. I don't know. I am so torn as to what I will do.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
Yeah certainly not my intention in ordering the Lightning to flip it. My Tremor order was delayed and never in my wildest dreams did I think that I would get scheduled and things actually move as quickly and as smoothly as they have. I don't know. I am so torn as to what I will do.
What matters to the IRS is your intention when you buy it. If you buy the Lightning and then immediately flip it, that's an intent to resell and you wouldn't be able to take the tax credit.
Sponsored