• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford Pass App and FCSP charge rate all messed up - RIP

Punk9721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
So finally, I can get my FCSP to connect to the Ford app after it had been disconnected for so long, great job, Ford. So I start getting insights again which is great but I am starting a solar project so I am curious on how easy it is to adjust my charge rate through the app versus doing it manually.

So I initially tried to change my setting, which is set at 80 A on the charger to 40 A through the app and it does not work for a few days. I get one of these updates on the car and trying again, and it works! But now I have adjusted it back to 80 A within the app and still haven’t adjusted anything manually which the charger is still set at 80 A. But now my charge rate is stuck at the 40 amp level lmao. It’s always something…

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass App and FCSP charge rate all messed up - RIP IMG_3329
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Pass App and FCSP charge rate all messed up - RIP IMG_3336
Sponsored

Tony Burgh

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Treat it as a dumb charger and life will be simpler. If you want to change the charge rate, remove 9 bolts (T20 bit on battery powered drill) and turn the dial. Reattach cover w bolts. Keep expectations low.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
If I wanted to optimize my charging with solar output, I’d ditch the FCSP and get an Emporia. It can be setup to charge using only “excess” solar output.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I've noted the unreliable virtual controls of the FCSP via Fordpass in several other threads.

Until the FP app is fixed, we're stuck with unreliable adjustability.

One member, has a FCSP in a dry location (garage), he drilled a hole in the cover to allow easy access to the potentiometer setting, keeping the hole covered with a rubber plug when not adjusting it.

OP
OP

Punk9721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
If I wanted to optimize my charging with solar output, I’d ditch the FCSP and get an Emporia. It can be setup to charge using only “excess” solar output.
Yeah, I’m going to text my electrician to see how much it will cost him to install that. Shame Ford doesn’t allow for Home Assistant integrations…

Sponsored
OP
OP

Punk9721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I've noted the unreliable virtual controls of the FCSP via Fordpass in several other threads.

Until the FP app i fixed, we're stuck with unreliable adjustability.

One member, has a FCSP in a dry location (garage), he drilled a hole in the cover to allow easy access to the potentiometer setting, keeping the hole covered with a rubber plug when not adjusting it.
Only issue now is that manually I am set at 80 amps… but it’s only out putting 40 amps still

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired
Only issue now is that manually I am set at 80 amps… but it’s only out putting 40 amps still
Try force stopping the Fordpass app, clear the cache (not user data) restart the app and retry adjusting the FCSP to a higher rating ~70 amps, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.

OP
OP

Punk9721

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Try force stopping the Fordpass app, clear the cache (not user data) restart the app and retry adjusting the FCSP to a higher rating ~70 amps, sometimes this works, sometimes it doesn't.
How do I do this on Apple?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
Have the emporia 48A and solar. Just works.

Unless you need the 80A due to mileage/utility rates... leave it in the box and put that thing on facebook marketplace. Or install both and use just the Emporia unless you're forced to use the Ford.

9onmy6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW M2, Ducati MTS 1260, 2023 SR Lightning XLT
Occupation
Housemaker/Veteran

Until the FP app i fixed, we're stuck with unreliable adjustability.

Excellent idea. I will make a pencil hole. Since I’ve had to remove twice. Once, I forgot the dial, second was a reboot for WiFi. 9 screws is a bit excessive.