Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hi F-150 Lightning owners,

Today we’re excited to share a new initiative, as part of our commitment to making electric vehicle ownership even better. We're introducing the Ford Power Promise, a comprehensive program designed to address the needs of our electric vehicle customers and provide confidence every step of the way – whether a customer is curious about electric vehicles, it’s their first day of ownership, or like many in this forum, have been driving an F-150 Lightning for some time.

Think of the Ford Power Promise as a one-stop shop for everything you need when you go electric. We’ve grouped all the things customers love about Ford electric vehicle ownership under one umbrella, with some new offerings starting October 1st. Check back in to this post on October 1st, the day the Ford Power Promise goes live, to view our Ford Power Promise webpages, containing all the key info you need for this announcement.

For Current and New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners We’re Providing:
  • Ongoing Support and Guidance:
    • New 24/7 Live Support: We're expanding ‘round-the-clock live support, including proactive charging assistance. Text a dedicated Ford advisor for 24/7 electric vehicle support, and you'll be talking to real people. Simply opt-in to Ford’s Electric Vehicle 24/7 Live Support services on owner.ford.com if you’d like to use the feature.
    • Improved Ford Roadside Assistance: Ford Roadside Assistance will now pick up Ford electric vehicle customers and take them to the closest charging station or dealership if range runs too low. Available for both Mustang Mach-E and F-150 Lightning owners. For more information on how to use this feature, please visit the Ford Roadside Assistance page.
For New Ford Electric Vehicle Owners this also includes:
  • Home is Where the Charge Is:
    • New complimentary home charger & standard installation: Starting October 1st, 2024, customers purchasing or leasing a new Ford electric vehicle will receive a complimentary Ford Charge Station Pro and standard installation at their home, helping to take the guesswork out of installation costs. Check out the Ford website for more details.
What Else?

We’re constantly updating our existing programs with software, and hardware, to expand access and make them even better. Here are some items included in the Ford Power Promise that you may already be familiar with:
  • Charging On-The Go:
  • Battery Confidence:
    • Ford electric vehicles come with an eight-year/100k mile high-voltage battery warranty.
You can also read a letter from Ford CEO Jim Farley on the Ford Power Promise here.

The Ford Power Promise is designed to make the Ford electric vehicle ownership experience smooth and enjoyable, so you can focus on what matters most – the open road!

Happy driving!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Complimentary installation is a nice touch, but the FCSP is still not a great option. It's overkill since most new owners (2024's) can't take advantage of the 80 amps. And FordPass is awful for connecting to it. I haven't been able to change my charge rate since before 5.0 came out. Maybe Ford has a back log they need to get rid off?

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I’m sure we’ll get nay-sayers on this but this will certainly help drive adoption. From the Farley letter:

”Nearly 90% of shoppers say they would be more likely to buy an electric vehicle if they knew they could charge at home ¹. Filling up at home with electricity can be a significant cost save for many owners compared to filling up with gas. Problem is nearly half of them don’t know how home charging works ¹. Where do you buy the charger? Who installs it? What does it cost? “

I agree customers would be better served with a different charger. I’m so much happier with my Emporia over the FCSP I used for a year and sold. They must have a warehouse full of them.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
Good idea, implementation and execution is the key. A mediocre plan well executed is better then the best plan in the world poorly excecuted. Fingers crossed it the former not the latter.

Sponsored

jamelski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Lariat
Ford take rate for their FCSP must be abysmal with a warehouse full of them. 😂 so that they flipped and want to give them out

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning, expedition, g8gxp, 04 gto, 73 corvette
Occupation
Director IT
What about existing owners who took a risk and invested in Ford EV's early on?

RocketGhost

First Name
Spencer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER
Complimentary installation is a nice touch, but the FCSP is still not a great option. It's overkill since most new owners (2024's) can't take advantage of the 80 amps. And FordPass is awful for connecting to it. I haven't been able to change my charge rate since before 5.0 came out. Maybe Ford has a back log they need to get rid off?
It probably doesn't cost much different to manufacture the CSP vs. their other wall charger.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I'd suspect they will be installing the Ford connected charge Station, a 48 amp version for model year 24+ trucks.

If they have a large inventory of FCSP's those might be sold to fleet buyers of ER Lightnings with dual on board chargers, or older new stock 2023 & 2022 trucks.

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
That's kind of the point of risk. There's always some amount of pain being an early adopter. I expect nothing back for purchasing early. On the flip side, I do expect my purchase to function as advertised. @Ford Motor Company you need to fix the connectivity to the FCSP!!

Sponsored
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director IT
That's kind of the point of risk. There's always some amount of pain being an early adopter. I expect nothing back for purchasing early. On the flip side, I do expect my purchase to function as advertised. @Ford Motor Company you need to fix the connectivity to the FCSP!!
understood....but this is about more than the risk of year to year changes when it comes to the EV space. This isn't just about next year's "mustang" adding engine power or a new set of rims. This is about the ease of "refueling" and day to day practicality of the vehicle. They really botched the tesla adapter rollout and to pour salt in the wounds they are giving newer customers a charger and free install? sorry I expect more from OEM's in the EV sector

Howard_Scott_Warshaw

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat ER, rapid red
Pioneers get the arrows in the back. Settlers get the land. From my experience, it's just the nature of the process. Be happy you got a truck that can take the full 80A from the FCSP before they pulled the dual chargers. I'd call that a reward for taking the initial risk. Or perhaps you got a color that is now discontinued, whereas now you get to choose from various shades of grey.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Agree. Ford should've included the 48a Ford Station.

It's awesome they are including installation.

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Director IT
Pioneers get the arrows in the back. Settlers get the land. From my experience, it's just the nature of the process. Be happy you got a truck that can take the full 80A from the FCSP before they pulled the dual chargers. I'd call that a reward for taking the initial risk. Or perhaps you got a color that is now discontinued, whereas now you get to choose from various shades of grey.
we are thinking to much like ICE owners on year to year changes. I understand those. The addition of a charger and free installation is about the very basic day to day operation of the vehicle.
Sponsored