Sponsored

Ford Resumes Shipping Fast Charging Adapters

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I'm within 400 of the last recieved order. I still have not received a FedEx label, but will update when I do.
Sponsored

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
I get that it’s a free adapter and thus patience is a virtue. That said, I’ve lost trust in what Ford says at this point. From BC delays, bad OTA experiences, and the adapter…it just seems like Ford is trying their best to be a player in the EV game but have forgotten to put customer centricity and the overall customer experience at the forefront of what’s most important. As a result, I can’t see myself buying another Ford even though, as a whole, I think the truck is very nice. I hope they change because I want them to succeed but find myself being pulled more and more to company’s like Rivian.
The adapter delays are not Ford's fault. They are being manufactured by Tesla and Tesla is distributing them to other companies as well.

BC delays are common in the industry, I'd rather a feature that has a huge safety liability be delayed until it is right, than being deployed and having the consumers be the guinea pigs. Too much safety and liability. Look at how long Tesla has strung their customers along that prepaid for FSD.

OTA's are an issue. You are right. Ford is still trying to figure out how to fix it it seems. Luckily the truck works great as is and the gripes I'm hoping get remedied with OTA's are nice to haves, nothing that ruins my experience of the truck.

Ford is a legit player in the EV game, with only 2 consumer models too.

The only reason I wouldn't buy another Ford is because of the awful dealer experience. It's not enjoyable, it's antiquated, and unneccasry. Buying a Tesla is easy, straightforward, and you're never 2nd guessing if you got a good deal or not.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions. No EV is perfect, no ICE is perfect. You gotta find what you like, and what you can live with. Good luck!

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Platinum
Ordered mine on March 1st with an estimated ship date in August. Got notified it would be delayed. Just checked, yup, still just estimated to ship in September. Ordered one from A2Z on July 1st, got it the first week of August. Maybe I'll get my free one by Christmas? Not holding my breath.
Well, so much for getting it before Christmas. Checked again, now it slipped from September 2024 to January 2025. Almost a year from the date I ordered it.

Sponsored
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Mine (#19XXX) just moved to January.

Officially out on @Ford Motor Company. Good truck but not a company that I want to give my money to anymore. Too much over promise and under deliver. Better options out there.

BennyTheBeaver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT ER
Mine (#19XXX) just moved to January.

Officially out on @Ford Motor Company. Good truck but not a company that I want to give my money to anymore. Too much over promise and under deliver. Better options out there.
Why blame Ford for Tesla's problem? Tesla is manufacturing these adapters for all North America companies that are using the Supercharger network, Ford only gets what they get shipped from Tesla.

Not every company is giving them away for free. At least this time their is a clear line and their doesn't appear to be any cutting like there was with the 2022 Lightning release.

Free adapters for old owners. For new owners free chargers, free/discounted charger installation. For all, BlueCruise subscription price drop. Ford is trying, they are still missing on some key metrics (dealer experience and software/OTA's), but they are moving in a forwardly fashion.

GunRack

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lighting XLT, Model 3 RWD
I had ordered one back in February, but I've long since deleted the order email from Ford. Unsure how I'd be able to track my order without the order number from the email.

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
I received my adapter a couple of weeks ago. And my status page finally changed today.
Now Arriving in January!
:facepalm:
Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Resumes Shipping Fast Charging Adapters 1727812388339-tm

Sponsored
First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning
Why blame Ford for Tesla's problem? Tesla is manufacturing these adapters for all North America companies that are using the Supercharger network, Ford only gets what they get shipped from Tesla.

Not every company is giving them away for free. At least this time their is a clear line and their doesn't appear to be any cutting like there was with the 2022 Lightning release.

Free adapters for old owners. For new owners free chargers, free/discounted charger installation. For all, BlueCruise subscription price drop. Ford is trying, they are still missing on some key metrics (dealer experience and software/OTA's), but they are moving in a forwardly fashion.
I understand and respect what you’re saying and I hope that they keep moving forward. My money will just be going to other companies who I feel are more technology- and customer-centric and moving forward in a better and more transparent fashion. I believe that Ford is a good company that is stuck trying to live in two worlds…ICE and EV. It’s a tough transition and as a result we get a constant over promise and under deliver as resources and priorities need to play nice for all sides and shareholders alike. I hope they keep progressing though, if for no other reason than I’m stuck since the bottom fell out of the values.

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lightning

This is not a Tesla problem in the sense that I am a Ford customer responding to expectations set by Ford. I bought my vehicle in part to the opening of the Supercharger network since I do roadtrip. They don’t get a free pass for the failings of their vendors. Right, wrong, or indifferent, they are responsible for meeting the expectations they set with their customers. Instead, we’ve seen multiple delays and very little communication or even a resetting of expectations. The only expectation now is don’t believe Ford when it comes to claims about OTA, adapters, etc.

It’s the classic feeling of “I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.”

KevinC

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
98 F150,Fusion, 2023 Lightning, 2022 Mach E
Perhaps by moving it to jan they hope to surprise people with early deliveries and stop kicking it along.

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
So September came and went... What are the odds this thing comes in 2024...

What comes first:

đź’© Caraoke
đź’© Adapter
đź’© 2023 Blue Cruise update

Place your bets.
Looks like my adapter moved from July to August to September to January 25. Come on 2023 Blue Cruise!!

Ford F-150 Lightning Ford Resumes Shipping Fast Charging Adapters 1000026919

Zed

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Platinum Rapid Red
This is not a Tesla problem in the sense that I am a Ford customer responding to expectations set by Ford. I bought my vehicle in part to the opening of the Supercharger network since I do roadtrip. They don’t get a free pass for the failings of their vendors. Right, wrong, or indifferent, they are responsible for meeting the expectations they set with their customers. Instead, we’ve seen multiple delays and very little communication or even a resetting of expectations. The only expectation now is don’t believe Ford when it comes to claims about OTA, adapters, etc.

It’s the classic feeling of “I’m not mad, I’m just disappointed.”
Did Ford actually promise a date when these would ship? I don't remember it if they did.
Sponsored