• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Ford service on these recalls/customer programs is absolutely atrocious.

OP
OP

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
[edit] I decided to email Jim Farley's executive office and request an escalation
So the executive office got back to me and they say they don't see an order for the lightbar at all, even though it was supposedly ordered 7 weeks ago. They do see an order for the steering wheel part which claims it will be available to ship on 12/8. We didn't get to the software pieces. The contact at Ford said they would reach out to the dealer and do some more digging.
Sponsored

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
So the executive office got back to me and they say they don't see an order for the lightbar at all, even though it was supposedly ordered 7 weeks ago. They do see an order for the steering wheel part which claims it will be available to ship on 12/8. We didn't get to the software pieces. The contact at Ford said they would reach out to the dealer and do some more digging.
Wow - that's an underperforming dealership - please share the executive office email or contact?

MurphysLaww

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat Lightning ER,Cayman,Miata,Q7
Occupation
Systems Engineer
This is sooo crazy. Our truck had no apparent issues when we brought it in for these recalls. The truck hasn't had an issue since a powertrain power loss in March. They told us they wanted the truck before they had parts and we told them that wasn't going to work for us, so we waited, until, we assume they got the parts, and now it's still been there for over two weeks. We've got to be over 20 days now in Dealer trips in 11 months.

This family(my G/F's) has been only Fords for 60+ years, most of them with the dealership we're working with now, and has two Mach-E's, two C-Max, a number other Ford ICE vehicles, and even an original owner 77' crew cab, but I think this is straining that relationship.

CRAIGC540

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 Lariot F150 Lariat lightning
Occupation
Technician
I had a bad experience @racewayford in Riverside California with them being original reservation dealer who had mark-ups. I switched to Hemborg Ford 29 miles farther than Raceway and had no mark-up. So when time for my first 10.000 mile service I bypassed Raceway for Hemborg and had a great experience besides traveling 29 miles farther. For the recalls I called Hemborg and was told it would take 3 days from the day I left the truck. I decided to call Raceway and was told to come in for the software update recall and that they will order the light bar. I did and all went smoothly, the light bar installation was a one day event with no problems. I really like the center matt upgrade, I never even thought of putting anything there before but now I will. So if one dealer seems bad try another even between sales and service you can get different results.

Pod

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 AMB Lightning XLT SR
So my dealer just sent an email for the “ Dash Mat” recall after I’ve been in for it once to which they said they did not have the part. Does an XLT with regular screen need this recall? It is only for 15” screens, right?

Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
So my dealer just sent an email for the “ Dash Mat” recall after I’ve been in for it once to which they said they did not have the part. Does an XLT with regular screen need this recall? It is only for 15” screens, right?
No, it’s not just for 15” screen trucks.

OP
OP

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update my truck is finally going in for steering wheel, light bar, and 2 software updates as well as the 10K service which I'm well overdue for now, next week Wednesday. They're saying 1 days work, we'll see.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Does an XLT with regular screen need this recall? It is only for 15” screens, right?
The dash mat recall is only for the 15" screen not the 12" per my dealer on my '22 XLT 312A.
But of course, the CSP is not clearing from FordPass.

Last edited:

Whammy Bar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1971 F100 + 2022⚡Lariat ER
Occupation
Electrician
I didnt read everything, but after 30 days...

Lemon law that thing!

AI_Speed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning ER
Occupation
Accredited Investor
It is a quick few minute update of a dash mat - enhancement as a Customer Service Program element & not a recall.

Sponsored
OP
OP

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Update my truck is finally going in for steering wheel, light bar, and 2 software updates as well as the 10K service which I'm well overdue for now, next week Wednesday. They're saying 1 days work, we'll see.
Dropped the truck off yesterday. Vibe at the dealership was not good lol, it was the pretty clear the service advisor was peeved that I had Ford executive office call them and figure things out. It was supposed to be done in one day but I received no call or update at all. On the app I can’t see where it is, it says “unable to locate”.

OP
OP

dothedew

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Dropped the truck off yesterday. Vibe at the dealership was not good lol, it was the pretty clear the service advisor was peeved that I had Ford executive office call them and figure things out. It was supposed to be done in one day but I received no call or update at all. On the app I can’t see where it is, it says “unable to locate”.
Picked up the truck last night. Heating steering wheel works now. Lightbar replaced and I have backup lights again! They also did 23B50 charge cord stuck CSP and 23B57 HV battery module update. Although I have no way to ensure they did I'm just assuming it.

Unfortunately they failed to do the 10K service for the Lightning as requested which includes a tire rotation, so now I either need to do that myself or schedule at another place.

Maxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Pro, Sky RL, Frontier, Aurora V8, Buicks, ....
They did opt to be whatever the top tier EV dealerships that Ford setup a while ago
Is there a list of these dealerships somewhere?

Farmford42

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
69 Bronco
Occupation
Farmer
Just had the BECM inspection/software update, dash mat replacement, and light bar replacement done at Vancouver Ford (WA). They offered pick up and return delivery service. They only needed the truck for a day. This appt was set up about 3 weeks ago and they ordered parts ahead of time. So easy!!!! I am retired so I didn't need a loaner but I realize some folks would need a replacement vehicle. The driver said they offer this service for all Ford vehicles and that Ford does have mobile vans for service. I thought Tesla was the only car company with mobile service. Very nice!
You still happy with Vancouver Ford? I have to go get the updates and recall repair and that is much closer to me.
Sponsored