First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariet ER Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired Ford Engineer
FordPass is not showing amps added when charging at home. Shows time on charger and percentage added but not amps.

Ford F-150 Lightning Fordpass not showing amps added at home 1729010195803-af
Sponsored

Last edited by a moderator:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
You don't add amps. You add Kwh.

And Fordpass is very unreliable. Even if it did work, chances are it would be wrong.

And I'd edit that picture. It has your home address on it.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Data accuracy has been a problem.

See if you have any information under Charge Station > Insights for that day.

OP
OP

DJSJOEKS

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning Lariet ER Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Retired Ford Engineer
Data accuracy has been a problem.

See if you have any information under Charge Station > Insights for that day.
I am using the travel charger that Ford provided and I plug it in to a 220 line. Attached is a screen shot from September that shows the kWh added. Charged 3 times in October and all do not show the kWh added.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sponsored

FloridaMan655321

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1973 F100, 2024 Flash
You don't add amps. You add Kwh.

And Fordpass is very unreliable. Even if it did work, chances are it would be wrong.

And I'd edit that picture. It has your home address on it.
As a newb, can you explain what is often wrong? I haven't noticed mine being wrong, but maybe I'm not 100% verifying the SOC? Or is it something else that is often wrong?

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
I am using the travel charger that Ford provided and I plug it in to a 220 line. Attached is a screen shot from September that shows the kWh added. Charged 3 times in October and all do not show the kWh added.
Sorry about that ..... the FMC doesn't report to the cloud like the FCSP does, so no details other than the "Charge History" record you show above.

This record regularly reflects what I refer to as NET energy to the traction battery, so for purposes of computing drivable mileage it's fine, keeping in mind that the projected miles added is NOT always accurate as shown above, it infers that you could drive 32 miles on the additional 11 kWh of energy, depending on YOUR style of driving this may be possible, assuming you averaging 2.9 MPK.

Last edited:

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
I wish Ford would make FordPass, its cloud servers, and the FCSP all work properly and reliably together so you could change the FCSP charging rate in FordPass, get the rate to change as requested, and have it stay where you set it. Usually, when I do succeed in setting the charging rate to something like 48A, it's not too long until the FCSP output rate willy-nilly reverts to a max rate of 80A, even though FordPass still says the rate is set at 48A! This has been happening for at least a year. Lack of reliability in such a simple thing, letting something just ride like this, doesn't build confidence in the more important things about one's truck.

At the very least, you'd think somewhere in the cloud, there ought to be a little routine that checks the charging rate in FordPass vs. the actual FCSP output rate. Even if the routine wasn't smart enough to get the FCSP back in line with the requested rate, it ought to log an error so the BEV folks get a mounting log of how wacky their creation is performing (and work harder to find a fix). The owner could also be notified that the charging rate has gone off (again). How about it, @Ford Motor Company?!

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
I wish Ford would make FordPass, its cloud servers, and the FCSP all work properly and reliably together so you could change the FCSP charging rate in FordPass, get the rate to change as requested, and have it stay where you set it. Usually, when I do succeed in setting the charging rate to something like 48A, it's not too long until the FCSP output rate willy-nilly reverts to a max rate of 80A, even though FordPass still says the rate is set at 48A! This has been happening for at least a year. Lack of reliability in such a simple thing, letting something just ride like this, doesn't build confidence in the more important things about one's truck.

At the very least, you'd think somewhere in the cloud, there ought to be a little routine that checks the charging rate in FordPass vs. the actual FCSP output rate. Even if the routine wasn't smart enough to get the FCSP back in line with the requested rate, it ought to log an error so the BEV folks get a mounting log of how wacky their creation is performing (and work harder to find a fix). The owner could also be notified that the charging rate has gone off (again). How about it, @Ford Motor Company?!
I don’t disagree with your post, but would just point out that you can turn down the charge rate in the box itself. However, that is certainly much more of a PITA then being able to do it simply by adjusting it on the app like you should be able to!!!!!!!!

Jim Lewis

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Accord 2017; 2023 Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I know I could turn the dial inside the FCSP, but I want the FordPass app to work or Ford should remove the supposed charging rate adjuster from the app and admit they can't get it to work and stay where it's set.
Sponsored