• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Friday Afternoon Quizzer?

BF150A

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Lariat F150 Lightning 2022
Can anyone here in the Lightning community tell me / us what this screen message is about?
Ford F-150 Lightning Friday Afternoon Quizzer? IMG_0050

I can’t tell which battery this is referring to. Is it the low 12V or the main battery pack? I’ve had my 2022 LR Lariat since 10/2022 and it’s had a whole host of issues along the way, but this is something completely new to me. Hopefully this is not another trip to the Service Department.
Sponsored

Scorpio3d

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
SS/IBA car wash owner
If you are in accessory mode(Didn’t put your foot on the brake to start the truck but hit the start button)(flashing green light on the start button) It is probably to save your 12 V battery.
My best guess!

OP
OP

BF150A

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for your input. I was in accessory mode checking on a failed software update, “Priority Update-Doors”, but that’s beside the point. I’ve put the truck into accessory mode many times while plugged into the Charge Station Pro and had never before seen this alert. Most likely it pertains to the 12V state of charge. That for some reason has had difficulty maintaining a charge greater than the required 80% to allow OTA updates to be downloaded and installed. To date I’ve had all of the recalls and customer service issues addressed by the service department as well as all of the previous OTA updates. They had to be downloaded and installed by the service department even though the 12V state of charge exceeded the minimum required 80%.
So this new alert apparently is something new I’ll have to have the service department explain what exactly it means to me.

OP
OP

BF150A

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
That makes complete complete sense. The only part that doesn’t totally track is that alert popped up immediately after pushing the start button. Prior to that the truck had been turned off over night and plugged into the Charge Station Pro. I checked the FordPass app prior to starting the accessory mode and the truck had reached and was maintaining the preset 80% charge of the main battery stack. So the timer element in this particular instance is a bit concerning. I’m left to wonder what triggered the alert? I’ll have to check again in the AM. Green1 thanks for your input. After I run through the same scenario tomorrow morning I’ll post whatever the outcome is.

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
Is 23B70 applicable to your truck, and if so, have you had it done?

Sponsored

Heliian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 LR Lariat, code name "Boogaloo"
Just make sure you shut your truck off at night and you won't see this message.

OP
OP

BF150A

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I just duplicated the actions of yesterday AM. First checked the charge levels of both the 12V @ 81% and the main battery pack @ 80%, both are at the identical levels as yesterday. The truck was turned off and as always was plugged into the Charger Station Pro over night. As it was yesterday AM the truck remained plugged in as I pressed the start button to access accessory power. This time no “System off to save battery” message. Because I can’t identify any change of conditions between yesterday and today I’ll chalk this one up to being just another anomaly amongst the many other less than assuring software and mechanical failures of this truck. Thanks for all your input. Now it’s back to our regularly scheduled programming.

Danface

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning XLT
You'd figure that in a BEV the message would indicate which battery ... LOL

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
Thanks for your input. I was in accessory mode checking on a failed software update, “Priority Update-Doors”, but that’s beside the point. I’ve put the truck into accessory mode many times while plugged into the Charge Station Pro and had never before seen this alert. Most likely it pertains to the 12V state of charge. That for some reason has had difficulty maintaining a charge greater than the required 80% to allow OTA updates to be downloaded and installed. To date I’ve had all of the recalls and customer service issues addressed by the service department as well as all of the previous OTA updates. They had to be downloaded and installed by the service department even though the 12V state of charge exceeded the minimum required 80%.
So this new alert apparently is something new I’ll have to have the service department explain what exactly it means to me.
Definitely the 12v.
I had issues getting updates and saw that message one time in accessory mode.
To get updates this is what I did to top off the 12v battery;

1) plug it in to the FCSP at about 10pm
2) turn it on with brake pedal pushed (drive ready mode)
3) set it to charge to 90% after 1am and to install updates at 8:30am
4) turn off all I could that might use 12v or HV battery: lights, radio, A/C, propower onboard, etc.
5) disable auto shut off after x minutes when key not present
6) close and lock truck but leave it on
7) go to bed until 8:15am

That manged to charge up the 12v battery enough so that in the morning when I checked the truck there was a message on the display saying it was ready to install the update.

All I had to do then was OK the update, turn off the truck and lock the doors.

By 9:15 the update had installed successfully.

chl

First Name
CHRIS
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 FORD RANGER, 2023 F-150 LIGHTNING
BTW, the battery is an AGM, and they degrade faster IF they go below 50% SOC.

Sadly, the Lightning is set to let that happen and only top it off from the HVB if it falls to below 40% for 48 hours, or if below 30% immediately.

Many folks have had to replace their batteries within the 3 year warranty period, and have had update issues.
Sponsored