Sponsored

Front driver side turn signal randomly works

sysop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gas
Anyone else have issues with turn signals? I’ve started to get the fast turn signal on the instrument panel like a light is burnt out. I go look around the truck and the front driver side ain’t working. No specific message on the UI about a bulb out or anything just fast flash. The thing is it’s random, sometimes no issues then it happens.

I suppose I need to take some plastic parts off and see if I can get to the headlight connections and make sure they are on tight.
Sponsored

Maquis

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Mach-E E4-X; 2023 Lightning Lariat ER
I can see your dealer service paperwork:

”Customer states right turn signal randomly works.”

Technician: “Right turn signal randomly repaired.”

OP
OP

sysop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gas
I can see your dealer service paperwork:

”Customer states right turn signal randomly works.”

Technician: “Right turn signal randomly repaired.”
I know.. Figured I’d have more luck trying to fix it myself or spend some time to see if I can find some sequence to reliably reproduce the random problem.

Is there supposed to be some UI indication that a bulb is out? My old shit box would at least say that, my last Ford would just flash fast, I was hoping there would be some UI indicator in 2022 that said it detected a bulb out. Perhaps if I can confirm that is the case, it’s another data point.

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90, 22 Ford F150 Lightning, 23 Outback
It may well be a defect in the light cluster. I have had front and rear led light clusters fail due to water intrusion even though it was not apparent to the naked eye that water or moisture had gotten in.

I would recommend that you take it into the dealer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

sysop1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Gas
It may well be a defect in the light cluster. I have had front and rear led light clusters fail due to water intrusion even though it was not apparent to the naked eye that water or moisture had gotten in.

I would recommend that you take it into the dealer.
Thanks, I know taking it to the dealer is a option, I was looking for other input then that if it existed.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Anyone else have issues with turn signals? I’ve started to get the fast turn signal on the instrument panel like a light is burnt out. I go look around the truck and the front driver side ain’t working. No specific message on the UI about a bulb out or anything just fast flash. The thing is it’s random, sometimes no issues then it happens.

I suppose I need to take some plastic parts off and see if I can get to the headlight connections and make sure they are on tight.
Hey there! Can you send over a private message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your Lightning's blinker issues.

greenne

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning (Ordered 6/19, delivered 10/28/22)
Thanks, I know taking it to the dealer is a option, I was looking for other input then that if it existed.
Be sure to check the grounding wire/screw. Years ago I had a Chrysler that had similar random signal issues. It was eventually traced back to a cross-threaded grounding screw that did not allow for a good connection to the chassis(ground). When going over a pump(or around corner) the ground would pop off causing issues.

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Any update here? Having the same issue. Corrects itself after a stop start cycle but it has recurred on two separate days.

Gcal73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 5.0L

I have the same signal issue problem. I have determined that it is temperature (heat) related. On cool days it always works fine. On warm sunny days if the truck sits out in the sun and is heated up it is almost guaranteed that my front signals will not function properly. My left turn will result in my front hazard lights flashing, my right turn is resulting in no front signals at all. Meanwhile the back light signals are working correctly at the same time. I have has my lightning since August 31st 2022 and the problem has existed since new. It has been to the dealer multiple times for a solution and still continues to be a real safety issue. Ford has not replied to my safety concerns!

Sponsored

Gcal73

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Supercrew 4x4 5.0L
I have the same signal issue problem. I have determined that it is temperature (heat) related. On cool days it always works fine. On warm sunny days if the truck sits out in the sun and is heated up it is almost guaranteed that my front signals will not function properly. My left turn will result in my front hazard lights flashing, my right turn is resulting in no front signals at all. Meanwhile the back light signals are working correctly at the same time. I have has my lightning since August 31st 2022 and the problem has existed since new. It has been to the dealer multiple times for a solution and still continues to be a real safety issue. Ford has not replied to my safety concerns!

4Reeley

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lariat
Mine did this for a month after delivery, starting in October 2022. I posted on here back on 10/2/22 and by the end of October it had resolved itself. I'm wondering if it is also temp related and the colder weather has just prevented the issue since.
Sponsored