• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
Not sure if I got an update or not, but I haven't gotten the sensor error for a couple months now.
Sponsored

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Not sure if I got an update or not, but I haven't gotten the sensor error for a couple months now.
I agree. The parking sensor error popped up daily Nov and Dec, and hasn’t happened at all in January. But I don’t know how to check if the software was updated.

Jake Plissken

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT standard battery
Occupation
Chiropractor
I traded my 22 Lariat SR for a 23 Lariat ER and had this exact problem. After 1 week it was occurring regularly so I brought it in for service. They said they found one of the sensors was "pushed in" which was causing the error. No errors since they made the repair.

I do have another issue with the module that controls vehicle location, but they couldn’t replace that as it is on backorder with no release date.
How do you like the ER battery over the SR? Is it much more powerfu? I have an SR xlt but would consider upgrading to ER. Guy at the dealership drives one and says there’s not much difference.

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
How do you like the ER battery over the SR? Is it much more powerfu? I have an SR xlt but would consider upgrading to ER. Guy at the dealership drives one and says there’s not much difference.
I honestly don't notice a big difference in power, but I really like having the extra range. In addition I like the sunroof and the other few extras that come with the ER.

Jake Plissken

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chiropractor
Thanks. i just got mine 2 weeks ago. so far I am amazed at how much I love it. I do not drive a lot for work. We use it to cart the kids around town and go to the dump. So even at 150miles of range in the winter, it is sufficient. But I’d like to know that if I had to take it on a longer road trip for some reason I would make it!

Sponsored

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Thanks. i just got mine 2 weeks ago. so far I am amazed at how much I love it. I do not drive a lot for work. We use it to cart the kids around town and go to the dump. So even at 150miles of range in the winter, it is sufficient. But I’d like to know that if I had to take it on a longer road trip for some reason I would make it!
I agree 100% with your assessment. I love driving this truck, it always puts a smile on my face when I’m driving

Jake Plissken

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chiropractor
I agree 100% with your assessment. I love driving this truck, it always puts a smile on my face when I’m driving
Are you Happier with the ERB? What’s your use case for the truck?

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Are you Happier with the ERB? What’s your use case for the truck?
Yes, much. I make trips to Boston and back and I can now make it easily without a stopping to charge. With the SR I needed to stop on the way home and charge.

Jake Plissken

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chiropractor
Yes, much. I make trips to Boston and back and I can now make it easily without a stopping to charge. With the SR I needed to stop on the way home and charge.
I live by the sagamore bridge. sometimes i wonder if I could even make it to Boston without charging somewhere. I look to getting the Tesla adapter.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jake Plissken

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Chiropractor
What is the furthest I can expect to drive at 65mph on a SRB? (approx miles)

Sponsored

PACSMAN

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I’d say 220 in nice weather; maybe 180 this time of year

PreservedSwine

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
What is the furthest I can expect to drive at 65mph on a SRB? (approx miles)
My SR Pro has multiple personalities. In the city and highways under 55, the truck could go 280 miles from 100% to zero. It’ll average 2.9-3.1 mkH. Truly amazing. Best ride of any vehicle I’ve ever driven. Powerful, quiet, efficient, comfortable.

On the interstate at 75 mph, barely 1/2 that.

Oh yeah, the thread title. I still get the same sensor blocked error (always second sensor in on the front passenger side) at least once every few days.

Last edited:

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
I've been taking mine up to the local ski resort. It's about 70 miles each way but a lot of elevation gain. The ER handles it like a champ; if I start at 100% I have about 40% when I get home. It only uses about 20% on the way back since it's mostly downhill. The first time it warned me when I parked it up at the mountain that "temperatures are low - plug in when not in use" but when I got back to the truck at the end of the day, I hadn't lost range at all. The second time I took it up there was another Lightning parked behind me, same color but a Platinum. The owner said "hey nice Truck"!!!

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Anyone get an update yet for Q1 fix?

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
I was at the dealership today, and they didn't even know about this issue, let alone about any pending fix.
Sponsored