• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Front sensor blocked

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Me three. Brand new Lightning this week and I have left rear sensor and front right sensor doing the same thing with the same ‘parking sensor blocked’ error message. Dealer told me I’d need to leave it with them for a few days. I’ll share any feedback I get once they fix the issue
Houston dealer said they had 4 new Lightnings in with the same issue. They replaced the sensor for me (it took a few days cuz they need to paint sensor) and it has been working correctly since
Sponsored

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Houston dealer said they had 4 new Lightnings in with the same issue. They replaced the sensor for me (it took a few days cuz they need to paint sensor) and it has been working correctly since
Sounds like a big batch of bad sensors made their way into the subassembly process at the fender jobber.

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I'll have to wait two weeks as the item is on backorder

Kiteboarderken

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor R, 2020 Ford GT, 2005 Ford GT
Dealer had my Lariat for 3 days. Did some sort of reset and it didn't give the blocked sensor error for a day, now back. Dealer said the would have a fix in early 2024. Very annoying. I bought this one off the lot because the one I ordered and waited on for months came with a bad heater relay that had no fix in sight. This whilst my Raptor R in shop for yet another recall where they are replacing several oil seals that require engine breakdown. Not sure why I remain a loyal Ford fan. Getting very close to giving up on them.

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Dealer had my Lariat for 3 days. Did some sort of reset and it didn't give the blocked sensor error for a day, now back. Dealer said the would have a fix in early 2024. Very annoying. I bought this one off the lot because the one I ordered and waited on for months came with a bad heater relay that had no fix in sight. This whilst my Raptor R in shop for yet another recall where they are replacing several oil seals that require engine breakdown. Not sure why I remain a loyal Ford fan. Getting very close to giving up on them.
I'd be interested in what the Dealer said the fix would be in early 2024. It took the dealer 3 days to replaced my sensor LU5Z*15K859*ACA and touch-up paint. The work order said they performed BCE diagnosis and found DTC B1B48:96 left rear outer sensor component failure.
The thing is, like your dealer reset, the fix worked for 1 day before the 'parking sensor blocked' error came back. On the bright side, it only seems to be acting up 1/2 the time now, instead of every time i put the truck in reverse. I'm bringing it again on monday so Ford can try to troubleshoot.

Sponsored
OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
I'd be interested in what the Dealer said the fix would be in early 2024.
Could be a parts thing. I took mine in for a fix and they told me that they are waiting on parts to replace the sensors. We're going on two weeks now

jetfixr1

First Name
Manny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Well, ive owned my 23 ER Lariat for 2 weeks now (10/23 build) and just washed the truck. The dealer is keeping my truck for 3 days on Monday to diagnose a driver side headlight failure. Ill make sure to bring this up if the message stays there.
Ford F-150 Lightning Front sensor blocked FA526355-9383-4794-ADCA-74C745386ED9

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer
Well, ive owned my 23 ER Lariat for 2 weeks now (10/23 build) and just washed the truck. The dealer is keeping my truck for 3 days on Monday to diagnose a driver side headlight failure. Ill make sure to bring this up if the message stays there.
FA526355-9383-4794-ADCA-74C745386ED9.jpeg
Please share if the dealer finds a fix. I bought an ER Lariat in Nov 2023 and have the same issue. The dealer replaced the sensor but the error came back. I found this link on Reddit which is stating it is a software issue "Front Parking Sensors Not Available Sensor Blocked See Manual" - Fix is expected Q1 2024 : r/F150Lightning (reddit.com)

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Engineer

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired

Sponsored
OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
Thank you for this. My assumption at the time was that it was software.

As I wait for replacement sensors to arrive at the dealer, I've started to get more errors but for a different front sensor

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
My 8/28 build just started doing this today, however I am also in the PNW and as was mentioned above it has been raining cats and dogs. Just for funsies I turned the front sensor off and then back on and then turned the truck off and back on and what do you know, they started working again. Will consider just leaving them off if the problem persists. How are you all determining which specific sensor is the problem? My error message just says "front".

BuzzLightning2023

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 Explorer,94 F150,06 Avalanche,05 F250,11 F150
My center right front sensor has a total freak-out every single time I put it in D. I press the OK button on the steering wheel thinking that overrides it. It does stop, but may have nothing to do with the OK button.

OP
OP

kendotelie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER
My center right front sensor has a total freak-out every single time I put it in D. I press the OK button on the steering wheel thinking that overrides it. It does stop, but may have nothing to do with the OK button.
You're just acknowledging the alert by pressing ok. It can/will go off again if the failure is detected or its rightfully triggered

BuzzLightning2023

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
92 Explorer,94 F150,06 Avalanche,05 F250,11 F150
You're just acknowledging the alert by pressing ok. It can/will go off again if the failure is detected or its rightfully triggered
I see. I use my middle finger on the OK button to acknowledge it. It’s like that. :)
Sponsored