First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
I have been told by the dealer that the TSB SSM 52088 has been updated with a software fix. Oasis says that it may have been deployed OTA, so if your synch updates are up to date, you may be done with this issue. I'll know more tomorrow, as I am still plagued with frequent annoying beeps about the sensor being blocked, so I'll be back at the dealership in the AM.
Sponsored

Raynorgarnett

First Name
Raynor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning lariat
Occupation
Engineer
Iā€™m still getting the ā€˜rear sensor blockedā€™ error about 10% of the time (always rear left) and Iā€™ve had the sensor replaced last December and am currently on OTA 6.2

ddimit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Tesla model S 2023 F150 Lightning Lairat
Occupation
Manager
I have been told by the dealer that the TSB SSM 52088 has been updated with a software fix. Oasis says that it may have been deployed OTA, so if your synch updates are up to date, you may be done with this issue. I'll know more tomorrow, as I am still plagued with frequent annoying beeps about the sensor being blocked, so I'll be back at the dealership in the AM.
As of Yesterday, I was still getting the random mid-right front sensor issue. I know I am getting updates as I just got the Tesla Supercharger update yesterday, Following this thread. This is my only issue and annoyance with the truck to date

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat ER (Iconic Silver)
As of Yesterday, I was still getting the random mid-right front sensor issue. I know I am getting updates as I just got the Tesla Supercharger update yesterday, Following this thread. This is my only issue and annoyance with the truck to date

Exactly my experience. But I'm fairly sure I got the error again this AM, after the Supercharger update.

Sponsored

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Glad Iā€™m not the only one dealing with it. Donā€™t really feel like going to the dealership tho

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Well, my trip to the dealer was a bit of a disaster. The LV battery fell below the 77% threshold while they were 2 hours into running the update for the Image Processing Module. They then said that they would replace the LV battery and try again, but 30 min later came out and said that they didn't have a Lightning LV battery available in stock and that it would be a week before they had one. Oh, and they said the entire Image processing module was wiped out during the update. The Truck works, but its like a clown car of alarms and chimes warning me that various systems are disabled. Hopefully next week, when they get a new battery in, the whole issue can be put to rest.

Oh, and interestingly, they said that the part number for the Ford-specified LV battery has changed. Hopefully Ford recognized that they needed a beefier unit in there!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Folks it's the IPMA update that fixes that. And for 99% of you it's likely an available software update in your FDRS list and could be applied by the dealer tech.

The IPMA software update is the one referred to in the SSM.

I have applied this update (along with the PSCM update that is scripted to be applied at the same time) and I can tell you that my ghost parking sensor errors have completely stopped, On my truck the sensor closest to the bumper cruise radar unit was always the one that was going off. But no longer.

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Well, my trip to the dealer was a bit of a disaster. The LV battery fell below the 77% threshold while they were 2 hours into running the update for the Image Processing Module. They then said that they would replace the LV battery and try again, but 30 min later came out and said that they didn't have a Lightning LV battery available in stock and that it would be a week before they had one. Oh, and they said the entire Image processing module was wiped out during the update. The Truck works, but its like a clown car of alarms and chimes warning me that various systems are disabled. Hopefully next week, when they get a new battery in, the whole issue can be put to rest.

Oh, and interestingly, they said that the part number for the Ford-specified LV battery has changed. Hopefully Ford recognized that they needed a beefier unit in there!
I actually failed updating this through FDRS. The 20 A charger just couldn't keep up (you need up to 60 A).

But the LVB on the charger and tried updating the next morning. Still failed (you will have to search for the error messages I posted in the FDRS thread) but the truck drove normally AND the sensor alarms went away!

WhipSticks

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
Occupation
Scientist
Did you determine if the issue was the adaptor you were using to connect the laptop to the truck? If so, what worked in the end?

Sponsored

MickeyAO

First Name
Mickey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Rapid Red Lightning Lariat ER, Kia EV6 GT-Line AWD
Occupation
Lab Manager of the Energy Storage Technology Center
Did you determine if the issue was the adaptor you were using to connect the laptop to the truck? If so, what worked in the end?
Using a Mongoose, so that was not the problem. The problem was the LVB got down to 5-7 V. I did not know it was going to pull so much current from the LVB. Also, remember to turn off your wipers before doing the update!

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2023(J1) Mach-E GT-PE
Using a Mongoose, so that was not the problem. The problem was the LVB got down to 5-7 V. I did not know it was going to pull so much current from the LVB. Also, remember to turn off your wipers before doing the update!
Historically, at least on the Mach-E side of the aisle we have seen around 39A being pulled. Thatā€™s why many updaters are using a PL6100 or two PL2320 units piggybacked to keep things going during those 2.5 hour IPMA updates.

PAndaemonium

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MY23 Ford Lightning XLT ER
Exactly my experience. But I'm fairly sure I got the error again this AM, after the Supercharger update.
Same here. Got the latest Tesla update but still get error

OttoVon

First Name
OTTO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford Lightning Lariat EB
With the crazy current incentives I traded in my '23 XLT SR for a '23 Lariat EB on 3/16/24. The new truck had the front sensor error immediately and has been in the shop since. Dealer says they applied software updates and error still present, currently waiting on a new sensor. They also applied the battery recall software update. Not happy with my upgraded truck so far :cautious:

Minh

First Name
Minh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
With the crazy current incentives I traded in my '23 XLT SR for a '23 Lariat EB on 3/16/24. The new truck had the front sensor error immediately and has been in the shop since. Dealer says they applied software updates and error still present, currently waiting on a new sensor. They also applied the battery recall software update. Not happy with my upgraded truck so far :cautious:
Same boat as you. Trade in my problem free 25k mileage pro for lariat and immediately this problem occur. When I scheduled for service and describe the issue the dealer knew what I was talking about. Hopefully this mean they know what the issue is and will fix it coming Tuesday.

I did brought it in previously to another dealer and they tried to do the update based on the instruction from ford but still no good. However itā€™s the same dealer that refused to take care of the CSP because they claim the issue need to happen first before they change the battery monitor sensor.
Sponsored