• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Fully Optioned Lightning XLT ER vs. Base Lariat ER

Mr. Flibble

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1995 Delica L400, Kia Soul EV, Jeep Diesel
Occupation
Computer Nerd
Same - I got the top trim Niro EV home and was like, where is the homelink. That, the bizzarly loud reverse sounder, and the lack of 360deg camera the Telluride has make me glad I leased it.
I got the Kia Soul EV which came without Homelink. I bought an aftermarket mirror that came with Homelink and installed it. Took me about an hour to do the replacement. I am sure an aftermarket for the F150 would be easy to find.
Sponsored

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
Anyone know if the pano sunroof is standard in either of the Lariat options? I couldn't see the pano roof listed in the various spec sheets.

Regarding the Homelink, I've assumed certain option combinations are made available only in higher trims based on a psychological potential outcome to get more of your money. In the same way some colours may only be available on higher trims.

RavenYZF-R6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma
Anyone know if the pano sunroof is standard in either of the Lariat options? I couldn't see the pano roof listed in the various spec sheets.

Regarding the Homelink, I've assumed certain option combinations are made available only in higher trims based on a psychological potential outcome to get more of your money. In the same way some colours may only be available on higher trims.
The survey sent out had the Lariat premium coming with the larger battery and the twin moon roof standard. All subject to change of course.

Ford F-150 Lightning Fully Optioned Lightning XLT ER vs. Base Lariat ER A5615DBE-4834-4463-94E5-5F64590CB371

Lavaorange

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Miata, Lightning Lariat
The survey sent out had the Lariat premium coming with the larger battery and the twin moon roof standard. All subject to change of course.
Thanks. I did see this but when I look at the linked specs, I wondered if I can add the Pano to the base Lariat. The PR is absent from the specs entirely which is odd. I'm not planning to tow much and don't need the ER so adding a ~$1,700 (estimated) pano roof to the basic Lariat would make the perfect model for me.

eRock77

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150L Pro--1995 Exploder--1929 A Super Coupe
Ok, yeah, bad assumption on my part. I guess I was associating charging at home with a garage, but I guess you can do that elsewhere on the home or not own a garage for that. I'd be surprised to see a big percentage go to people who can't charge at home.

But yeah agreed this seems like a cheap feature to deprive an XLT of.
If I put my Lightning in the garage then I would have a car-sized pile of bikes, power washers, and other junk in my driveway.

Dinozero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning ER Lariat
Homelink has been slowly moved to more expensive trims on all vehicles for a while now. Tesla has removed it flat out.

Reason is the company that licenses homelink tech to the car companies rips them off and charges and arm and a leg for that shitty garage door opener technology. It's a patented thing.
Sponsored