• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Got my VIN + Production Date (Yea!) Can I Delete My $500 Charger Now?

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
I was afraid to previosuly because I didn't want my production date to get delated over such a thing. Can I do this now and keep everything intact or will Ford punish me for simply wanting them to not have s a line worker chuck an extra box in the completed truck and give me my $500 back?
Sponsored

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bronco Badlands & F-150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Digital Investigator
That should be very simple for your dealership to do. I changed my color after getting a VIN.

OP
OP
Ostrichsak

Ostrichsak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning Lariat
That should be very simple for your dealership to do. I changed my color after getting a VIN.
Oh... I can change my color too? I paid the 500 bucks for the red and I really dig it but now I'm not sure that I don't like the blue just as much which was a free option.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
Oh... I can change my color too? I paid the 500 bucks for the red and I really dig it but now I'm not sure that I don't like the blue just as much which was a free option.
I was super nervous asking and the sales manager noticed that when I came in. He thought I was going to say I was backing out. When he heard that’s what I wanted, he got on his computer and made out another order for me to sign with the updated color. I signed it and walked out with my copy.

Lime Green

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-350, Expedition Max, Tesla...
Contact your dealer ASAP if you want to make a change and already have a VIN. Once the window sticker is issued (vehicle is invoiced), the configuration is locked. Technically there's supposed to be a change fee ($500, I believe) for you to change an order after VIN assignment, but I don't think most dealerships do that. At least not any of the good ones.

Oh, and certain option changes could affect your production date. Like a color change because they build in batches of like colors/trims.

Sponsored

jimfigler

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning Lariat ER, 21 Corvette Convertible
I didn't think you could make changes after a production date was issued. Also my dealer warned me that if you make any changes to an order and if there any prices increases on anything related to your order those increases would be updated to your order.

Oneand0

First Name
Mario
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Digital Investigator
I didn't think you could make changes after a production date was issued. Also my dealer warned me that if you make any changes to an order and if there any prices increases on anything related to your order those increases would be updated to your order.
Price increases will occur! I forgot about that, if your price was lower at the time, don’t mess with it. Unless you don’t mind paying the extra $$

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Color and minor add on like the charger should not be a problem, but don't wait to long.

Revenge

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat SR, 2011 Flex
Out of curiosity what is your production date? What was your order date? Waiting on a production date myself so I wanted to get an idea.

YankeeCP

First Name
CP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat SR Lightning
Out of curiosity what is your production date? What was your order date? Waiting on a production date myself so I wanted to get an idea.
I ordered 10/19 and got a production date last week of 12/19