• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Had truck for 1 day, now in service for over 3 weeks with no end in sight......

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
I picked up my truck on Jan 23. On Jan 24 I got a wrench light. Jan 25 I took it in for service. That was 3 weeks ago. A few texts from the service advisor regarding "high voltage battery module" and blah blah blah. They had to do a headset conference with Ford, and now supposedly Ford is having the supplier send whatever parts are necessary directly to the dealer, but no estimated timeframe on when, or if, I will get the truck back.

I have contacted the buyback department to see what my options are. This is ridiculous. Ford has gone 0-3 on my recent orders.

1. A one year delay on delivering my Mach E
2. A one year delay on delivering my Bronco
3. A one year delay on delivering my F150 Lightning, and then one day in my possession and 3 weeks at the dealership

Not good..............
Sponsored

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 IB Lariat Lightning/Miata ND2 Club
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired
I picked up my truck on Jan 23. On Jan 24 I got a wrench light. Jan 25 I took it in for service. That was 3 weeks ago. A few texts from the service advisor regarding "high voltage battery module" and blah blah blah. They had to do a headset conference with Ford, and now supposedly Ford is having the supplier send whatever parts are necessary directly to the dealer, but no estimated timeframe on when, or if, I will get the truck back.

I have contacted the buyback department to see what my options are. This is ridiculous. Ford has gone 0-3 on my recent orders.

1. A one year delay on delivering my Mach E
2. A one year delay on delivering my Bronco
3. A one year delay on delivering my F150 Lightning, and then one day in my possession and 3 weeks at the dealership

Not good..............
I would just move on to another brand. Good luck!

Replika

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
MR. PLOW - ER Lariat
Mine has been in for service since Friday, but they haven't touched it. It's sitting in a storage lot.

This was after two go-arounds when I scheduled and upon showing up was told it wouldn't even be looked at for a week.

Do these days count for Lemon Law?

Last edited:

pc500

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
dodge ram
Mine has been in for service since Friday, but they haven't touched it. It's sitting in a storage lot.

This was after two go-arounds when I scheduled and upon showing up was told it wouldn't even be looked at for a week.

Do these days count for Lemon Law?
Depends on the nature of the fault and your state.

John S

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford f-150
Occupation
Retired
I think that the dealers are hiding something from us they are very vague when asked what they did what part is needed and when it will arrive. Why.

Sponsored
OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Have you opened a case with Ford? Read up on your states Lemon Law

I initiated a request with the "buyback department" (whatever that is) to see what my options are.

Havent gotten an answer yet

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I really hate how everyone's only option is dealing with buybacks (and losing miney in the process). If my truck is a lemon, just swap me with the same model, similar trim. There ar3 plenty out there. Ford can track one down for me. Knock on wood, no problems yet with mine, but I'd hate to have to settle for a stupid buyback after 1.5 years of waiting and loving my truck the amount I do.

OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
I really hate how everyone's only option is dealing with buybacks (and losing miney in the process). If my truck is a lemon, just swap me with the same model, similar trim. There ar3 plenty out there. Ford can track one down for me. Knock on wood, no problems yet with mine, but I'd hate to have to settle for a stupid buyback after 1.5 years of waiting and loving my truck the amount I do.

I wouldnt necessarily be interested in a buyback, but the lack of information might leave me no choice. They have no idea if or when the replacement parts are going to arrive. How long am I supposed to wait with no information?

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
I wouldnt necessarily be interested in a buyback, but the lack of information might leave me no choice. They have no idea if or when the replacement parts are going to arrive. How long am I supposed to wait with no information?
Everyone has differences in tolerance and not having answers sucks as well *flashbacks to my built lightning sitting in Dearborn for 7 weeks when I'm 4 hours away and nobody knew why lol* I personally like to fight these kind of battles and as long as they give me a good rental while they fix it, they can keep it as long as they want until it's fixed. I'll gladly rack up miles on a comfy rental. I'd rather wait and have it done right when they figure it out than have them bush fix it and give me false sense of security. Don't get me wrong, the longer it'd sit, the more freebies I'd shoot for from corporate and try to make them pay my payment for months it sits there. My uncle was successful with GMC when his new truck had to go back to the dealer after two days cuz the a/c blew up. Then they installed a clogged replacement line and back it went 4 hours after pick up. Took them over two month to get parts and finally fix it right..they ended up paying his first three car payments. Just a thought in case yours sits longer.

Sponsored
OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Everyone has differences in tolerance and not having answers sucks as well *flashbacks to my built lightning sitting in Dearborn for 7 weeks when I'm 4 hours away and nobody knew why lol* I personally like to fight these kind of battles and as long as they give me a good rental while they fix it, they can keep it as long as they want until it's fixed. I'll gladly rack up miles on a comfy rental. I'd rather wait and have it done right when they figure it out than have them bush fix it and give me false sense of security. Don't get me wrong, the longer it'd sit, the more freebies I'd shoot for from corporate and try to make them pay my payment for months it sits there. My uncle was successful with GMC when his new truck had to go back to the dealer after two days cuz the a/c blew up. Then they installed a clogged replacement line and back it went 4 hours after pick up. Took them over two month to get parts and finally fix it right..they ended up paying his first three car payments. Just a thought in case yours sits longer.

the first loaner they gave me was an F150 extended cab, in XL trim. White, with a bench seat and rubber floor mat. Great if I want to work part time for the county code enforcement department, but I would have expected something better considering the $97k sticker price of my Lightning. After 3 weeks they finally upgraded me to an Expedition XLT. LOL

I cant really use the payment argument, because I traded in my Mach E GT and just paid cash for the difference. But I suppose there is a "lost interest" claim that could be made.

But really I just want answers. If its going to take another month, then fine, but LET ME KNOW SOMETHING. Every 3 days I get a call or a text from the technician saying "we're still waiting".

Its not very helpful.......

jazzmanmonty

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln Corsair
Occupation
self employeed
Well the only positive I see is that the fire issue as well as many others having the same issue as you, it's forcing Ford to come up with the proper fix. Did you mention to them the 23H01 recall for this issue to maybe guide them..I've seen it mentioned in another lightning forum. They posted these builds as the models affected idk if this timeline includes your build

Ford F-150 Lightning Had truck for 1 day, now in service for over 3 weeks with no end in sight...... download

OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
Well the only positive I see is that the fire issue as well as many others having the same issue as you, it's forcing Ford to come up with the proper fix. Did you mention to them the 23H01 recall for this issue to maybe guide them..I've seen it mentioned in another lightning forum. They posted these builds as the models affected idk if this timeline includes your build

Yes, mine is a 2023 model that was built between Nov 28 and December 17.

GoodSam

First Name
Good
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
17CRV, 22 Lightning XLT 312A SR iced blue silver
Occupation
occupying space
Last edited:
OP
OP

onepunch

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Ford F150 Lightning
I finally picked up my truck yesterday. Hopefully it is all resolved. The paperwork indicates the following:

First of all ,they had the truck from January 25 to March 24. Here are the comments:

Replaced lower array 1 due to internal isolation fault

Bus bar for arrays 7 to 8 was accidently placed between arrays 6 and 7 causing arc damage to both arrays and bus bar. Both arrays and bus bar replaced.

Based on other comments in the paperwork, it seems most of the delays were due to waiting for parts to arrive. First for the initial array, and then for the additional ones they messed up.

I had reached out to the buyback department and they had approved a full buyback if I wanted that. I instead opted for a modest settlement under the "cash and keep" program. Yes, this entire experience was a hassle, but they did provide a loaner vehicle the entire time so other than some inconvenience, no real harm was done.

My fingers are crossed that this is the end of it.
Sponsored