• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

Has anybody had the Nav system give contradicting information?

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
This is probably the first real bug I have had with my SR Lightning. Today, after coming back from a 1,500 mile trip from northern Washington to California I used the nav to get me to the Electrify America at a Target store in Renton, WA. As I approached the nav voice (correctly) said "Turn Left!" but the big arrow on the screen showed a right turn. I have always had issues with right/left so this is really confusing. There have been a couple of other times on our trip when I turned in the oppposite direction of what I was supposed to, and it would at least make me feel better if the arrow is sometimes as mixed up as I usually am.

Has anybody else seen this, or was it just a one off?
Sponsored

The Weatherman

First Name
Dean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 RR F150 Lightning Lariat ER, 2020 Explorer PL
Occupation
Retired
I observed the same issue just a week or so ago, but I was using Apple Maps.

Only saw it once.

Hamtech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
KIA Sorento, Tesla X
Occupation
Lawyer
Yes, and I have also had Ford Navigation on and Waze on my phone (not connected to Car play) and Ford’s navigation provides the most convoluted route from my house to the highway.

Additionally I found the location of chargers when they are at large malls is never accurate. But this is true for serval navigation applications.

tls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning
But this is true for serval navigation applications.
Ford F-150 Lightning Has anybody had the Nav system give contradicting information? 1715434385967-ca

Seriously though things like this are why I always drive with the navigation voice turned off, regardless of vehicle. I think there's a different lag (intentionally or not on the part of the programmers) between announcing and displaying the instructions and it can get very confusing. With a quick series of turns like in a mall lot, it can have moved on to displaying a right turn by the time it is in the middle of saying "turn left!" - I don't want the bother.

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning Lariat ER, Performance Y
Occupation
IT
Are you sure you didn't have two navs running? The Ford built in and then one from your phone? I've seen conflicting results between two systems, but not within a system.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Newton

Newton

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW e-Golf, Lariat SR, Kia EV6, Toyota T-100
I'm sure it was just the Ford nav, we did have apple maps on an independent ipad - but this was literally the last right turn into the target parking lot. It was set up as a waypoint, so perhaps the Nav was going to the charger and the arrow was leaving the charger?

It can ... upset your partner when you head away from the chargers that she can see..

• Haha
Reactions: GDN

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
Yes, I've experienced similar navigation errors, this can really trip-out a person predisposed to dyslexia!
Sponsored