Sponsored

Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks)

Albern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum; 2015 Chevrolet Volt
The wireless phone charging pad has a fan underneath that automatically turns on and off when you place or remove a phone from the pad respectively.
Sponsored

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Interesting question, I have the Apple series 9 watch with paak, iPad with paak and iPhone with paak . I turned off the iPad and iPhone then just to be sure, put them both in a metal file cabinet. The Apple Watch paak still unlocked my mustang mach-e and the lightning! There is also a version that has its own cell phone connection, mine does not.
Ford F-150 Lightning Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks) image

Last edited:

Zprime29

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Honda Pilot, 2022 Lightning ER
Here's a good feature: our trucks cool the motors and battery more aggressively when set to Tow/Haul mode. Doesn't matter if you have tow package or not.
Sport mode also does this. I tested both modes while it was still over 100F. I prefer tow/haul cuz it doesn't change the regen feel.

Albern

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Ford F150 Lightning Platinum; 2015 Chevrolet Volt
More of an observation or quirk rather than a feature:

The front driver and passenger powered windows roll down and up at a much faster rate than the rear driver-passenger windows.

Is this common across all F150s and generations or unique to Lightning? Is this by design or is it reflective of Farley's comments about challenges related to supplier integration resulting in different motor controller operations?
Sponsored