Sponsored

Have you noticed... (lesser known features of our trucks)

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
You can set up the watch face for the app you want to access, open the watch app on your phone, select on the My Faces menu select the face you want to use, next you will see the menu to modify the chosen face. Now you can change the Color, Style, Numerals or Complications. Complications is where you can select the available watch face positions and assign the FordPass app to one of them. You can also choose functions for the other watch face positions, I have Battery, Day and Date, FordPass and Weather. You will also want to browse the Face Gallery to find the faces that suit you!
Sponsored

Bokenator

First Name
Curtis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning Lariat - Antimatter Blue. 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited
Want to give credit where it is due, so this goes to @Hamtech.

With the truck on, hold the Volume down and advance button (arrow pointing right) at the same time on the steering wheel until sync reboots.

This is handy when for whatever reason your Apple carplay connects, but no sound is coming out of the speakers for navigation, music via carplay, Audible, Phone calls etc. That glitchy connection with carplay occurs on my Lightning about 1 time in 50 starts, or about once a week. Not sure if its a user error, error by carplay, or error by Ford.

This reboot shortcut is also useful if the screen freezes during startup for whatever reason, which occurs on my truck maybe 1 time in 1000. One thing to note is that when you perform this operation, sometimes the volume will be at zero after the reboot (maybe because I am hitting that button slightly before hitting the advance button?), so make sure to turn it back up!

Holding these two keys is a big improvement from pulling over, turning the car off, opening the door and closing it, and waiting 15 seconds, then turning the car back on again.

21st Century Truck

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford 150 Lightning 2023 XLT ER pkg. 312A
Want to give credit where it is due, so this goes to @Hamtech.

With the truck on, hold the Volume down and advance button (arrow pointing right) at the same time on the steering wheel until sync reboots.

This is handy when for whatever reason your Apple carplay connects, but no sound is coming out of the speakers for navigation, music via carplay, Audible, Phone calls etc. That glitchy connection with carplay occurs on my Lightning about 1 time in 50 starts, or about once a week. Not sure if its a user error, error by carplay, or error by Ford.

This reboot shortcut is also useful if the screen freezes during startup for whatever reason, which occurs on my truck maybe 1 time in 1000. One thing to note is that when you perform this operation, sometimes the volume will be at zero after the reboot (maybe because I am hitting that button slightly before hitting the advance button?), so make sure to turn it back up!

Holding these two keys is a big improvement from pulling over, turning the car off, opening the door and closing it, and waiting 15 seconds, then turning the car back on again.
This also works to quickly reboot the OEM Synch Navigation if / when it freezes up. Can be used while moving.

jmb01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Iced Blue Lariat ER
I just noticed this yesterday. If you stop and leave the truck in drive and then turn off the truck, the gear selector automatically changes to park.
If in one pedal drive mode and open the door it will also automatically set the park brake. One other thing to note, don't put your phone in the spot where the shifter recedes or it can get wedged in there when it auto-shifts to park...allegedly. :)

JustB

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning
I also LOVE this feature. I regularly drive to a trailhead for a run and love that I can lock the truck and not have to hide a key somewhere. Now that I think of it, does anyone know if a smartwatch capable of running FordPass works like PAAK without needing to have your phone on you?
@Scorpio3d

You can lock your keys in the truck using the keypad (simultaneously push both bottom buttons). If you do this with the interior door or fob and close the door it beeps and unlocks, if you close the door and lock with keypad, it doesn’t beep and stays locked. Not sure how that works with PAAK. Came in handy when I needed someone to drop my truck off for me to pick up at a later time.
Sponsored