• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How can I force an update?

OP
OP

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
UPDATE:
I got my truck back from the dealer on Saturday after they replaced the BMS I've now received 2 updates. Apparently, that was the source of the problem. Now let's see how long it takes to get me caught up to the rest of the Lightning world with updates.
Sponsored

potato

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lightning XLT ER
UPDATE:
I got my truck back from the dealer on Saturday after they replaced the BMS I've now received 2 updates. Apparently, that was the source of the problem. Now let's see how long it takes to get me caught up to the rest of the Lightning world with updates.
Glad you are getting some updates but the BMS CSP is not the only source of the problem. I had the 23B70 CSP done over two months ago and I've had only one update since. Nothing in the last 6 weeks. Still waiting for state of charge % on the instrument cluster.

H8N-8NT-EZ

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lightning XLT
The only folks I've seen say they have the SOC% are those with the big 15" screens in the Lariat or Platinum trims. I too have an XLT and got a flurry of updates in the previous month and stalled a couple prior to 6.8 which is the one that adds the SOC%

OP
OP

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
The only folks I've seen say they have the SOC% are those with the big 15" screens in the Lariat or Platinum trims. I too have an XLT and got a flurry of updates in the previous month and stalled a couple prior to 6.8 which is the one that adds the SOC%
I have a Lariat and I don't have the SOC on my screen yet either. It only says 100%. I think that's in an update that I haven't gotten yet. I just got 6.5.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
I have a Lariat and I don't have the SOC on my screen yet either. It only says 100%. I think that's in an update that I haven't gotten yet. I just got 6.5.
That comes with IPC update 6.8.0.

Sponsored
OP
OP

jthiesse13

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lightning
Good news. I had the BMS replaced a few weeks ago and since then I 've gotten 4 (yes, 4) updates!
The most recent was 6.8 and now I have SOC on the dash.

rugedraw

First Name
Javier
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Platinum FX4 EcoBoost
Occupation
Auto Sales
Good news. I had the BMS replaced a few weeks ago and since then I 've gotten 4 (yes, 4) updates!
The most recent was 6.8 and now I have SOC on the dash.
6.8.0 is being pushed out aggressively right now across a few Ford vehicle platforms. Great news!
Sponsored