• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How is BlueCruise supposed to work?

WilliamRobert

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mustang Mach E
Occupation
happily retired!
Predictive speed control, the new update, is on my Mach e but not on my Lightning yet (never I hope). The lightning reads speed signs and is very accurate, the Mach e is doing better but the first few weeks it was reading mile marker signs as speed signs and would jump to 60 in a 40 zone, also when in a 55 zone and a turn was coming up, it would knock off a ridiculous 5 mph when it was totally not needed. Hopefully ford will fix this before too many people die, but you know how hard it is to convince an engineer that they are wrong!
Sponsored

OP
OP

hajalie24

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 F-150 Lightning Lariat Antimatter Blue
= turn OFF "Road Sign RECOGNITION" feature
= realize that BlueCruise is not perfect for the 'whole' trip, even on roads it says are 'BlueCruise' roads.
It is constantly 'searching' for all the aspects of the roadway it expects as part of it's protocol - if even a single one is 'missing' or not confirmed, it disengages and requires the driver to 'take the wheel'.

Now, many of us have only the 'entry' version of Automated LANEcentering(which I upgraded/added myself, to my basic PRO Lightning), which constantly requires 'hands on' at periodic 15-20 second intervals, no matter WHAT type of road you are driving.
I have overcome this constant annoyance by simply adding a 1lb 'wrist weight' strapped to the 2-3oClock position on the steering wheel. The truck works FLAWLESSLY for hundreds and hundreds of miles like this.
This is great :LOL: Do you have a picture of this contraption?

Stalemate

First Name
Jeffrey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2004 Mustang, 2023 F-150 Lightning Lariat
Occupation
Utility Electrician
Blue Cruise has a limit on how tight a curve it can take, here is the bc map from ford with a curve that isn't exactly bc capable. Check the bc map from ford for your area.
Screenshot_20240908_172205_com.sec.android.app.sbrowser_edit_669901406625382.jpg
I gathered that from its behavior. Do you know what the criteria or methodology is? Most of these curves are gradual, not places where I would slow down, and the lane keeping and follow distance still works. So I'm a bit mystified why it suddenly wants me to keep my hands on the wheel. Seems to me like it could use a few more passes, but maybe there's something I'm missing.
Sponsored