• Welcome to F150Lightningforum.com everyone!

If you're joining us from F150gen14.com, then you may already have an account here!

If you were registered on F150gen14.com as of April 16, 2022 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password!

Sponsored

How Long Does it Take to see Charging Costs on Your Credit Card Bill when you use the Ford Pass App

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lightning, RX 350, GMC SIERRA, Pontiac Solstice
I have been charging at home 99% of the time since getting my Lightning and have gone on my first road trip this weekend. I have been using DC Fast Charging while away which i have started using the Ford Pass app.

Does anyone know how long it takes to see the charging costs on your credit card statement after you have completed charging?
Sponsored

bmwhitetx

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lightning Lariat ER
Occupation
Retired engineer
Anywhere from instantly to "going on 5 months" has been my experience with EA. Lot of threads on here asking the same question with the same answer.

Last edited:

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER - 2022 Mach-E Premium
Occupation
Electrician
Are you still using your free 250kWh? You won't see anything on your credit card until you exhaust it.

OP
OP
Lucky Larry

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I am not sure if Canadians receive 250 kwh of free charging with their vehicle purchase. I have done several searchs online and have not seen anything to confirm this. Maybe @Ford Motor Company can answer this question.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lightning ER Lariat,'22 Mach-E Premium 4X
I have been charging at home 99% of the time since getting my Lightning and have gone on my first road trip this weekend. I have been using DC Fast Charging while away which i have started using the Ford Pass app.

Does anyone know how long it takes to see the charging costs on your credit card statement after you have completed charging?
Aren't you using your 250kWh of free charging? You should immediately get a message from Ford, but nothing on your credit card.

Last edited:

Sponsored

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 LIGHTNING PRO IcedBlueSilver 8/23/2022
Occupation
Owner
My FordPassApp is the ONLY way I activate DC Fast Charge stations AS I'M ARRIVING - I don't use ANY of the third party apps, although having an account with these providers is part of how FORD connects with them and passes along the charging fees to them. You will see that when you use the FordPassApp to activate your charging, you will get an EMAIL from Ford, when you hang up the charge cable, showing you ALL the charging costs, kwh, and details.

I love this, because while I have to have an 'account' with EA, Chargepoint, etc., I don't use their apps, and I don't get 'billed' by them - Ford is the one who dings my credit card, and I see that IMMEDIATELY. Ford also sends the email IMMEDIATELY. Easy.

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
My FordPassApp is the ONLY way I activate DC Fast Charge stations AS I'M ARRIVING - I don't use ANY of the third party apps, although having an account with these providers is part of how FORD connects with them and passes along the charging fees to them. You will see that when you use the FordPassApp to activate your charging, you will get an EMAIL from Ford, when you hang up the charge cable, showing you ALL the charging costs, kwh, and details.

I love this, because while I have to have an 'account' with EA, Chargepoint, etc., I don't use their apps, and I don't get 'billed' by them - Ford is the one who dings my credit card, and I see that IMMEDIATELY. Ford also sends the email IMMEDIATELY. Easy.
Just to clarify - if you use FordPass for charging, YOU have no account with anyone but Ford, and these companies (EA, EVGo) have no idea who you are, only Ford does.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
I'd like for you to be correct, but.... no

incorrect, you must ALSO have a connected account WITH those companies: EVgo, Chargepoint, EA, etc., in order for your FordPassApp to pass thru the billing to THEM.... you can try to activate a station without an account with those other companies, but you will find that you will not be successful. The FordPassApp is simply an 'integrated' third-party charging access App to more easily manage your DC Charging - in a single app, or at least with those that Ford has a connection with, which is called the FordBlueOval charge network account. The accounts with the third-party charge companies have your VIN, which connects your FordPassApp 'vin' in your account, making the necessary 'charges' and 'billing' transfer happen. These are not Ford DC Chargers, and therefore Ford knows nothing about the charging without the third-party company providing it to them. Ford then bills you directly for the amount THEY say to charge you.
Ford has no idea if you have a discount with EA or CP, or what 'type' of account you have, Ford is only initiating the charge for you, and then passing thru the 'billing' costs, directly, versus it going thru CP or EA.

I've tried cancelling my accounts with chargepoint and EA and you will find that when you do, your FordPassApp will no longer function to Activate any of those chargers, including EVgo, managed by Chargepoint. But, also having those 'apps' may come in handy if the FordPassApp is not operational - which I've had happen several times. Either I had to access my own Chargepoint APP to initiate and pay for a charge, or I've had to use my EA app, or SWIPE my card at one of their units.

hturnerfamily

First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Owner
and, my CapitalOneWalmart card TEXT buzzes my pocket about the time I hang up the charge cord, and my Gmail alert from Ford is dinging me about 2 seconds later.

Sponsored

RickLightning

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles

incorrect, you must ALSO have a connected account WITH those companies: EVgo, Chargepoint, EA, etc., in order for your FordPassApp to pass thru the billing to THEM.... you can try to activate a station without an account with those other companies, but you will find that you will not be successful. The FordPassApp is simply an 'integrated' third-party charging access App to more easily manage your DC Charging - in a single app, or at least with those that Ford has a connection with, which is called the FordBlueOval charge network account. The accounts with the third-party charge companies have your VIN, which connects your FordPassApp 'vin' in your account, making the necessary 'charges' and 'billing' transfer happen. These are not Ford DC Chargers, and therefore Ford knows nothing about the charging without the third-party company providing it to them. Ford then bills you directly for the amount THEY say to charge you.
Ford has no idea if you have a discount with EA or CP, or what 'type' of account you have, Ford is only initiating the charge for you, and then passing thru the 'billing' costs, directly, versus it going thru CP or EA.

I've tried cancelling my accounts with chargepoint and EA and you will find that when you do, your FordPassApp will no longer function to Activate any of those chargers, including EVgo, managed by Chargepoint. But, also having those 'apps' may come in handy if the FordPassApp is not operational - which I've had happen several times. Either I had to access my own Chargepoint APP to initiate and pay for a charge, or I've had to use my EA app, or SWIPE my card at one of their units.
You are flat out incorrect. One can use FordPass, without any other accounts, at any of the companies listed. You can use Plug and Charge at any EA charger, simply by plugging in your vehicle.

No account other than FordPass is needed.

Ford authorizes the charge to be billed from the 3rd party charger, to Ford, who then bills you. EA, or any other company, has no idea who you are. That's why your EA account has no record of FordPass charges.

TaxmanHog

First Name
Noel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat-ER Max Tow
Occupation
Retired
You are flat out incorrect. One can use FordPass, without any other accounts, at any of the companies listed. You can use Plug and Charge at any EA charger, simply by plugging in your vehicle.

No account other than FordPass is needed.

Ford authorizes the charge to be billed from the 3rd party charger, to Ford, who then bills you. EA, or any other company, has no idea who you are. That's why your EA account has no record of FordPass charges.
100% agree with Rick's statements, I personally DO NOT have a Charge Point account and never configured anything on their system concerning my Lightning.

Yet last year I tested a nearby ChargePoint station located at an IRVING oil Gas station in Providence.

I used FordPass Network to [SELECT] / activate the charger and once the session was authenticated the energy flowed, I reached my target SOC & stopped the session, Fordpass charged my connected credit card and compensated Charge Point / Irving Operator.

Ford F-150 Lightning How Long Does it Take to see Charging Costs on Your Credit Card Bill when you use the Ford Pass App 1693875897923
Ford F-150 Lightning How Long Does it Take to see Charging Costs on Your Credit Card Bill when you use the Ford Pass App 1693875913879
Ford F-150 Lightning How Long Does it Take to see Charging Costs on Your Credit Card Bill when you use the Ford Pass App 1693875973477

ivan256

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lightning Lariat ER

incorrect, you must ALSO have a connected account WITH those companies:

Piling on here a bit, but when there's conflicting info in a thread it can't hurt to have multiple confirmations.

You DO NOT need an ElectrifyAmerica account to use EA charging stations through the FordPass/Blue Oval network. I do not have an EA account, and have repeatedly successfully charged there.

I've also never activated a charging station. I've only ever plug-and-charged, and it's been flawless every time.

OP
OP
Lucky Larry

Lucky Larry

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I received my first email and app notifications yesterday from Ford indicating that they had charged my credit card shortly after returning the ccs combo plug back to the dc fast charger i was using. It looks like there is some free charging included with my vehicle as i was able to calculate about 150 kwh of free charging from the charging logs in the app.
Sponsored